paris alternate vehicle days due to pollution

jacko19

x2, who is 'Mac' and why should anybody take particular note of his route ?

Personally I don't take much notice of road numbers, on the way up I just follow the signs for Lille and on the way back down the signs for Bordeaux, it couldn't be simpler and needs neither map nor sat nav [;-)]

FWIW apparently pollution levels actually got worse on Wednesday after a day of supposedly halved traffic, maybe folk who had 2nd cars they could use (quite possibly older and more polluting) took to those instead but that's what you're liable to get when you apply simplistic solutions to complex problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

• Author

Reply | Quote

mac1003

Private Message

Total posts: 23

My patented route

A10 direction Paris – off at junction Ablis/Rambouillet – N10 twards

Rambouillet – Continue on A10 – After Trappes take A12 towards Paris –

Turn right before junction with A13, signed St Germain en Laye – Then

turn left at traffic lights onto N186 dir. St Germain en Laye – Follow

through St Germain – Look for signs to Cergy Pontoise – Take N184 – over

Seine at Conflans – keep following dual carriageway – Still N184 – then

onto A16 towards Calais or Boulogne.

Martyn

[quote user="andyh4"]Lyon apparently will join in from Friday. As ALBF and Idun have posted elsewhere, this is another city blighted by air pollution.[/quote]

I just checked and foreign-registered vehicles are (amongst many other obvious categories) exempt from this restriction.

Actually, this restriction might help our family members passing through Lyon on 24/12 .......... well maybe !!

@ 'Macs' Route

That must be the most dumbest route I have ever read. People actually follow that ???

What the hell is that all that about. He must be a right card this Mac.

St Arnoult (peage) to the bottom of the A15 in Paris is exactly 1 hour. Then it is bang up to Calais at 130 kpm.

In 1 hr from Allainville (Jct A10) that 'Mac' wants you to take will get you to maybe (if you are lucky) just north of Rambouillet and you still have another 1-2hrs to go before you can catch me up.

You must be losing 2 hrs on that route.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]In terms of older cars in Paris, they are banned from next year.[/quote]Not quite.

http://www.linternaute.com/auto/conduite/1313313-vignette-pollution-obligatoire-a-paris-comment-la-commander-et-a-quel-prix-conseille/#couleur-pastille

and restrictions apply from 08:00 to 20:00 weekdays.

Still not found the actual geographical extent of the rules.

If you can do Rambouillet - Calais in 2.5/3 hrs then I would maybe stick to your route. Not sure you can though.

I live in Paris...(Nr Courbevoie) which is 10 mins from the bottom of the A15 (which is basically the A16) and Calais is always 2.5 hrs. I can shave 10 mins off if I speed at 140 kph-160kph. I can't see how you can do it at the same time from Rambouillet ????

I will post my 'detailed' (and more interesting) route tomorrow morning. So keep tuned.

OK will have a look and will post my results next week - I should say that I don't travel overly quickly as I have a further 250 miles to travel in the UK. So as I said in my first post after 15;ish hrs driving I am well ready for a few pints of Black Sheep.

But I have just looked at where you live and cannot see how you , living NE of Paris , can really comment on a route around the city. But as I am finally seeing that you have an opinion on anything at all - still you seem to be keeping this forum from dying!

edit - for the less well informed le Black Sheep is a superb Yorkshire beer.

Lordy lord

St Arnoult Peage (A10) to my flat in Courbevoie is 50 mins.

From Courbevoie to Calais is 2.5 hrs.

St Arnoult - Calais = 3 hrs 20 Mins

Now, look very closely at google maps. Zoom in on Courbevoie and the road that runs below it and runs parallel with the Seine. That is the D7 and it joins the N315, which turns into the A15, which turns into the A16.

So you have...

A10-N118-D7-N315-A15-A16 = 3hrs 20 mins.

You will not beat that route via Rambouillet.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Basically it applies to inside the peripherique....[/quote]That's alright then as only masochists and madmen would venture anywhere near that between the hours of 8am to 8pm [blink].

Zero impact on 99.9999% of us then whatever we drive [;-)]