My attempt at French a la delboy

Andymr

Hi Guys

Below is my attempt at translating an email I wish to send to all the regional motor sports associations.

Comments on translation please as brutal as you like!

I have just moved to the Dordogne from Angleterre.

J’ai  enmenagee   recenment en Dordogne d’Angleterre.

I would like to take part in Course de Cote in France

as a ‘Demonstration’ pilot.

Je voudrais participer au course de cote en France

qui un pilote “demonstration”

I have an MSA National ‘A’ licence and 5 years

experience in “course de cote” in the UK.

J’ai un MSA national ‘A’ licence et 5 annees

experience de course de cote en Angleterre.

Would I be able to take part in any of your Course de

Cotes during 2007?

Est-ce possible pour moi participer dans des votre courses  de cote en 2007?

Hi Andymr,

I'm am no expert in the French language but thought I would give you what I would write as maybe a starting point but I'm sure there are more people here that have more of a grasp of french and you may possibly want to hang on for a few more replies before sending your letter.

J'ai (juste, récemment) démenagé dans la Dordogne d'Angleterre.

Je voudrais participer à Course de Cotes en France comme de « démonstration »

J'ai un Permis du National MSA 'A' et cinq ans d'expérience de Course de Cote au Royaume-Uni.

Est-ce que je pourrais participer à la Course de Cotes pendant 2007.

No, not at all, don't be so hard on yourself, my translation might be worse than yours. Like I said, I have no real skill at this language. I would say 8/10. We might both be corrected quite considerably by someone who is more knowledgable. I'm sure with what you wrote would have been understood as I only changed a few things. Like I suggested, hang on and see if you have a few more responses that's if you can spare a few days before sending your letter.

[quote user="Andymr"] Hi Guys, Below is my attempt at translating an email I wish to send to all the regional motor sports associations.

Comments on translation please as brutal as you like![/quote]

You've actually got it just about right between the two of you!

This is a slighltly more fluent version:

I have just moved to the Dordogne from Angleterre.

Je viens de l'Angleterre et j'ai récemment aménagé en Dordogne.

I would like to take part in Course de Cote in France as a ‘Demonstration’ pilot.

Je voudrais participer à des courses de côte en France comme pilote de démonstration.

I have an MSA National ‘A’ licence and 5 years experience in “course de cote” in the UK.

J’ai un permis de l'Association anglaise des sports automobiles et 5 ans d'experience en course de côte en Angleterre.

Would I be able to take part in any of your Course de Cotes during 2007?

Me sera-t-il possible de participer à vos courses de côte en 2007?

Good luck!

Andy, I am sure you must have seen this, but just in case, here is a copy of the form you need to get a racing license in France

http://www.ffsa.org/pratiquer/reglements2006/formulaire_licence.pdf

Also, everything you need to know about motor racing in France is on here

http://www.ffsa.org/index.php

Including all e-mail addresses of local federations etc.

btw. you'll find it's referred to as "Montagne" on here, I believe

Thanks cooperola, however as I return to dear old blighty to compete in in a hillclimb championship every year, I cannot have a french licence whilst holding a National UK licence.

However I can guest at quite a few French events on my UK licence, I'm looking for more 'demonstration' events hence email question.

Rediculous situation don't you think as were supposed to be in the EU!

Andy[8-)]

[quote user="Andymr"]

Thanks cooperola, however as I return to dear old blighty to compete in in a hillclimb championship every year, I cannot have a french licence whilst holding a National UK licence.

However I can guest at quite a few French events on my UK licence, I'm looking for more 'demonstration' events hence email question.

Rediculous situation don't you think as were supposed to be in the EU!

Andy[8-)]

[/quote]

Andy- It's not a ridiculous situation. You can compete in French National events using your MSA UK National A licence (See FFSA Reglement Generale, Prescription Generale, Participations, Etrangers - IV C), just as French and other EC nationals can compete in UK events authorised by the MSA.

If you can't find the appropriate regulation, please PM me and I'll send you a copy.

This is great news, I have read the regs.

However from another source I understand that a lot of clubs cannot afford the extra cost involved for insurance for visiters as it is quite expensive.

French licence holders have insurance built in.

This is the reason I wish to contact the various regional associations to see how many will let me run in the numerous course de cotes across the country.

If a climb is near a border ie in Brittany they tend to be set up for visitors and invite guests as so called 'demonstrators'.

I really hope i'm wrong as I want to do at least a dozen events here next year.

Andy