Online order not delivered

Thebiga

Hi

Has anyone had a problem with online purchases. We have tried to buy a washing machine online in france and they said 30 working days for delivery so we said ok. Anyway 30 days past we phoned them and said end of the week. End of week came they then said two weeks anyway it was then end of the month another two weeks. So we said this was out of order and we wanted our money back and to cancel the order. They said ok you have to write to a address for your refund which again was 30 working days.

So anyway we have sent 2 so far recorded delivery letters to the address on the website and had both returned as not known at the address. we are now thinking have we seen the last of our money or is there someone we can go to and they can look into it or are we possibly covered by paying by our carte Bleu card.

So has anyone got any ideas where next we could go to try and get our money back.

Thanks 

Are they members of FIA-Net?

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1560933/ShowPost.aspx

http://www.dgccrf.bercy.gouv.fr/documentation/publications/depliants/achat_internet.pdf

[quote]Si vous êtes livré dans un délai supérieur à celui annoncé sur le site, vous êtes, dans certains cas, en droit de dénoncer le contrat.

Sauf précision particulière (par exemple livraison sous 48 heures), le professionnel est tenu de vous livrer votre commande dans un délai de 30 jours à compter du jour suivant celui de la transmission de votre commande.

If the delivery takes longer than stated on the site, in some cases, you have the right right to terminate the contract.

Unless otherwise stated (for example delivery within 48 hours),

the trader is required to deliver your order within 30 days of the

day following the transmission of your order.
[/quote]

http://www.dgccrf.bercy.gouv.fr/documentation/publications/depliants/mediation.pdf

http://www.dgccrf.bercy.gouv.fr/contacts.htm

Thanks Clair, thay are not members of FIA-Net I'm afraid as I saw that on another post you did so i took a look and no. Probably wouldn't take them! I will look at the other piece on your post and see what we can do.

Unfortunately this seems to be par for the course with many French retailers despite what the law says.

When we first arrived proper and mentioned to people that we were now looking to buy stuff like a washing machine and other white goods, cooker/hob etc. they all told us not to order but buy off the shelf or go somewhere else, advice we have stuck to.

I have ordered online in France a lot: beds, sofas, chairs, a KitchenAid mixer, a washing machine, powertools and accessories... Never had a problem...

I stick to well-known online shops though and I would probably opt to buy white goods locally to save on any aggro should there be a need to call on the guarantee.

[quote user="Thebiga"]

Has anyone had a problem with online purchases.

[/quote]

Many commiserations. [:(] When we arrived in France in 2005, very used to successful online ordering in the UK, we were advised to limit such ordering here to established, well-known and well respected companies such as Darty, Carrefour, Amazon and the like. This we did, with no problems so far. Any other purchases, as Ernie Y says, to be made in person.

Sue

Will you break forum rules if you post the name of this company?? Just so as we can all steer clear. Really sorry to hear of your dilemma, is there any way you can re-claim from your credit card ??

[quote user="Nell"]Will you break forum rules if you post the name of this company?? Just so as we can all steer clear.[/quote]

A PM or email would not break the forum code of conduct "no naming or shaming" rule.

Forum moderators

It's unfortunately too late for the OP, but whenever I order anything online in France I always check for customer reviews of their delivery and customer service performance.

Site such as kelkoo.fr or ciao.fr are good starting points, sorted by date if possible to give the most recent reviews.  Or simply type the words avis Darty (or whatever the company name that you want to check) into Google.

Even for the OP, this may give some information as to the trading status of the company, and clues to what action any other dissatisfied customers are taking.