Any Human Heart

Northender

Just watched the excellent adaptation of William Boyd's "Any Human Heart" on Ch. 4

last night (Part 2 of 4) . Basically its the fictional life story of Logan Mountstuart through most of the 20th century but it keeps showing him as an old man burning all his memorabilia in the garden of his home in the South of France.

Just wondered if anyone knows where it was filmed.

Maybe we get to find out in part 4 in 2 weeks time when the story reaches its conclusion.

[quote user="Northender"]Just watched the excellent adaptation of William Boyd's "Any Human Heart" on Ch. 4 last night (Part 2 of 4) . Basically its the fictional life story of Logan Mountstuart through most of the 20th century but it keeps showing him as an old man burning all his memorabilia in the garden of his home in the South of France. Just wondered if anyone knows where it was filmed. Maybe we get to find out in part 4 in 2 weeks time when the story reaches its conclusion.[/quote]

Lot of it was filmed in Spain

Usually IMDB tells you all this sort of stuff, but in this case it is miserably silent.

Good to see the author doing the adaptation for a change - at least we are getting something like what he intended.  I must say though that I enjoy McFadyen (sp?) and Broadbent but not so much the younger lad (or am I just getting old?)

Watched Part 3 last night , where Logan mentioned the name of the village that he had been left a property by his old friend the French poet.

Didn't quite catch it but with the help of Channel 4's OD and the use of sub-titles its "Sainte Sabine in the Lot".

With a little more research I've found Sainte Sabine - Born which is between Fumel and Bergerac , in the Lot et Garonne.

Part 4 should be more enlightening , but its the location of the filming which I am finding more and more intriguing.