Thank you Teamedup

Me0wp00

Once again thank you teamed up for your marscapone pastry recipe, dad hates mince pies but loves these ones. I spent yesterday snuggled in the kitchen while it snowed, carols playing on the radio and baby sleeping, making marscapone mince pies. Delivered them to dad in the afternoon, heand mum scoffed them and I offered to make more when I got home. I had mine fresh from the oven with a blob of cream..... Delish

Everytime I make them I think of you.

Bonne Noel !

This is the recipe but I always at least double it

7ozs of self raising flour,

3ozs butter, well softened.

pinch of salt.

Half a tub of mascarpone cheese. So around 125grs

You could either bang this in a food processor, if you do, put the pastry to one side for at least ten minutes before rolling it out.

Or rub in the butter and salt then mix in the cheese, sort of kneading it in.

Roll out as usual.

Can't go wrong and is delicious. Bake in a pre heated oved at around 200°c until golden.

I'm afraid that the recipe I was given was in ozs then I ended up with half a tub of mascarpone which is 125grs. My new scales, have a little button on them and I can switch from metric to imperial at a touch, so this is never a problem for me.

And I'm pleased that you are all still enjoying it.

• 3 weeks later...

TU, you didn't get these magic scales in France, did you§

My Mascarpone has been waiting patiently in the fridge for quite a while, but today is the day, complete with Robertson's mincemeat, thanks to SuperU.   I know, I should make my own, but well, maybe another time, especially if this masc recette works (mother-in-law is here, don't know whether that will increase or decrease chances of success )

A friend of mine bought some scales that do this in France, from Carrefour, but I haven't seen any. Unfortunately the ones I bought were Hanson, so wouldn't be sold here.

Here you go

200 grs of Self raising flour

85 grs of butter

pinch salt

half a tub of mascarpone.

Either bang the lot in a blender.

Or rub in butter and salt and then knead the marscapone into it. Works every time.

Bake at around 200°c until golden.

Fastoche, Bon Ap 

As I said, fastoche, simple truth is that there is nothing skilled about doing this pastry at all. It always works, amazing really and anyone can do it. And the brilliant thing about it is, is it's xxxxdy excellant too.... just don't be counting calories when eating it.

I usually make parcels with prune puree in them (leaderprice do a great one in small compote tubs), or apple compote, or lemon curd or any other thing I can think of. In fact my friend who gave me the recipe gave me it to put fruit fillings in. It was only when xmas came that I decided to try it with mincemeat.