cottage cheese?

benson

Marked up as Cottage Cheese in smallish tubs and readily available in Carrefour and Géant and possibly LeClerc bigger stores. Don't expect it to be in loads of flavours,we have only found natural and chives here.

You can find them here at LeClerc (only within the last year) and only the natural flavor. However, I think they are very expensive. Two tiny containers (about the same size as a single yogurt) which, together, barely amount to a single serving cost just under 3 euros. Too much for me, even though I love cottage cheese. Same goes for most new "foreign" type products (made in France or otherwise). The same issue goes for packed brown sugar. Only in the last year has our LeClerc started carrying the packed DARK brown sugar, but not the light - which are BOTH made here in France. And, still no real cream cheese. Saw it in Auchan for about a month. After that, it was never re-stocked... No idea why - assume it didn't sell well ?

Mentioning the dreaded Beans again I recently bought a medium sized tin of Bonduelle Haricot Blanc in Barbeque Sauce(they have a picture of a mexican cactus onthe label). They were extremely good,not like most of the haricots in tomato sauces that turn my stomach and my husband remarked that if you were desperate,you could actually get away with having them on buttered toast even with the mildish  chilli flavour.

Lola - are you sure it is real cream cheese? I shop at LIDL all the time. I have tried their Frommage tartiner, hoping it would be like philly, but it isn't. Taste pretty good, but is more along the lines of the St. Moret spread - not the same thing when you are using it in recipes that call for real cream cheese. On the other hand, if it is actually the real stuff, I guess our LIDL just doesn't carry it.

Our geant use to sell cottage cheese but stopped about a year ago. Lidl sell Ptit Milbona , which is just like phily or you can buy Kiri in other shops , only downside is that they are small portions cant get tubs

hi, this is very strange, i actually logged on tonight to ask the same question!!!!!!

It's time to cut out as much bread as i can manage and substitute with ryvita, but i need cottage cheese to take away the dry taste, im living in hope i can find cottage cheese in my local carrefour.

emma 17

The nearest I've ever found to cottage cheese is "Fromage Blanc".

It's usually sold in small or large "faisselles"

(it's a tub with holes like a mini colander, held within another tub). It allows the cheese to remain moist and fresh. You just lift the colander to drain the cheese before spooning it out.

The cheese can be mixed to herbs, cream and sugar or cooked as shown on the following page:

http://tinyurl.com/7hams

http://tinyurl.com/89s7x

Clair