A wine that cleans the Arteries..

NormanH

[quote user="NormanH"]Unfortunately it's not French:
This article reports a Australian wine with a very high level of anti-oxidants..
[/quote]

Madiran from near Pau in SW France has one of the highest levels of antioxidants of all wines and is supposed to be very good for you. It is an unusual grape variety and I love the stuff.

Try some - very smooth and dry red.

[quote user="pachapapa"]The "cepage", variety is the tannat,a good strong red. The grape was taken to South America by the Basques as immigrants. The country of Uruguay is now famous throughout the world as the largest producer of high quality tannat wines.[/quote]

Cheers - couldn't be fagged to go down the cellar. Do you enjoy Madiran?

[quote user="Dog"][quote user="pachapapa"]The "cepage", variety is the tannat,a good strong red. The grape was taken to South America by the Basques as immigrants. The country of Uruguay is now famous throughout the world as the largest producer of high quality tannat wines.[/quote]Cheers - couldn't be fagged to go down the cellar. Do you enjoy Madiran?[/quote]

You bet I do.

Exclusively red though, even with saedines out of a tin.

Got a thing about Chilean Assemblages of Cabernet Sauvignon with Carmenere.

I prefer it without sardines. I like Chilean and Uraguayan and Argentine wines. Your name pachapapa sounds a South American name. I am trying to email someone with a similar name chachapoy he makes some beautiful kites.

Just looked at that earlier thread, where they suggest wine left on the lees for longer produces the antioxidants.

My absolute favourite wines is Amarone an italian wine. They call it the archangel of wines... Pokey old tackle too at up to 15%

I have trouble finding it France... any tips?

[quote]I have trouble finding it France... any tips?[/quote]

Vivavin have many. The only snag is their minimum order - €2000 - albeit that doesn't buy a huge amount of Amarone.

www.wine-searcher.com is always the place to look (for anything from anywhere- you can select the wine and then filter merchants by country). Being a cheapskate, I use their free version but the paid version (which will find you the cheapest price) will soon pay for itself.