Vegetarian enquiry...

buelligan

The nearest I've seen in French supermarkets are soya products under the brand name 'soya sun'. They are expensive though at about 2.50 euros for 2 burgers although quite tasty in various flavours, (curry,tomato and basil etc). As the OP says quorn is available from some english shops but at around twice the price in the UK. We've brought dried soya chunks (good for curries) and soya mince (for burgers) from the UK so that we can make our own veggie stuff. A cheap and easy way to have a veggie meat substitute.

There are lots of “Biocoop” shops around which sell “Grillon d'Or” Protéines de Soja, petit & gros. The little ones are brilliant in chilli & spaghetti bolognese etc & the large for curries & bourguignon etc. They also do every bean & pulse you can imagine & I now make my own bean burgers, for next to nothing.  Quorn I've never seen – but haven't missed it since I found the Bio Shop in Cognac!! [:D]

http://www.biocoop.fr/

Thanks for all the info!  I have tried the Soya Sun burgers and they are quite nice but I really do prefer Quorn! Still, I suppose a Quorn-free life is a small price to pay for all of the other huge delights offered by this wonderful country! [:D]