Smoked salmon

Clair

Just had some excellent smoked salmon from Lidl.

OceanSea Saumon fumé de Norvège (green square packaging)

2.89 € for 200g (14.45 €/kg)

I like smoked salmon, but usually find most are too salty.

This was just right and sliced slightly thick, and it tasted perfect with a few drops of lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper!

I wish I had tried it before now...

I have bought various others from supermarkets before, but they tend equate salty with smoky and I usually end up disappointed and out of pocket for something I haven't truly enjoyed past the first bite! [:(]

Hey Norman!

To hijack the thread a bit but you did mention Lidl, where are you getting your muesli from these days, there is no proper stuff in any if the Lidl's around me and they have taken the price code off the shelf.

As a substitute I bought some of their muesli croustillant, 20 grammes of sugar per 60g serving [:-))] Hardly a healthy option and I dont like sugar [:(]

[quote user="Chancer"]

Hey Norman!

To hijack the thread a bit but you did mention Lidl, where are you getting your muesli from these days, there is no proper stuff in any if the Lidl's around me and they have taken the price code off the shelf.

As a substitute I bought some of their muesli croustillant, 20 grammes of sugar per 60g serving [:-))] Hardly a healthy option and I dont like sugar [:(]

[/quote]

Do you mean you still haven't found anything? [:-))]

Proper Muesli

I have been bringing it back from the UK each visit but I havnt been for a while and have run out.

Dont fancy going in this weather even though there still are Eurotunnel €20 returns, I am waiting until I need something really important that will pay for the journey.

From the Spring onwards I often make my own Muesli: using a base of Organic Jumbo Oats from Waitrose and, really, whatever takes my fancy. At present, it's porridge made using the same lovely crunchy oats: just with water and I eat this with a generaous spoon of organic honey.

Scrummy!

Lidl (UK) often stock a variety of dried goodies, such as banana flakes. Nuts also I buy from Lidl and roast them gently, in the oven, after cooking summat else.

Dried apple, apricots, sultanas, currents, raisins or whatever I fancy at the time. No sugar and nothing artificial or chemical.

Very nutritious and filling.

Mrs Gluey often used to nick some and take it into work for lunch, with splash of skimmed milk.