Selling a bike,"sold as seen"

f1steveuk

It looks very much like I am going to have to sell th Ducati (other projects,an inability to change gear with a duff foot, time, yadda yadda yadda), and will probably use the local notice boards etc. In theUK it's the norm to give a reciept, usually with the addition, "sold as seen".

Does that count in France, do they do the same? If anyone wants a cheap Duke, send me a pm.

I understand, so you would just advertise it, and that emplies "sold as seen"?

Not French Reg as I haven't had a chance, and there are few jobs I wanted to do, it was a mild, rideable project, but as it doesn't seem to difficult, it doesn't seem a problem. There's no point taking it back to the UK. It's a long ride, or expensive (and it would get damaged) in a van.

[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t215/f1steveuk/ag15141.jpg[/IMG]

I think it's done 14,000 with 4 owners, one of which did no miles, as it was on display in his lounge!!! I think it's a 96, but I'm in the UK, and it, and the doc's are at home.

The only downside I can see is the same as a car. If it does not have a recent CT ( less then 6 months) then the new owner cannot register it in his or her name. Which if they spend the next eight weeks doing 180 kph through speed traps may be a bit ackward.   

The only thing that normally comes after yadda * 3 is Dory Previn

Steve, I would have thought that a French person would steer well clear of it. Would you buy a Polish registered car in the UK that needed work and that you can not legally drive? I think that the only way that you will get much for it is to sell it in the UK.

By not much, are you talking about the starter? Or the registration process, have you got hold of a rear light with indicators yet?

Not much in the way of getting it registered. I have got hold of the original rear mudguard with the sticky out indicators.

Yes, If the Polish car was a classic, and was the only way to get what I wanted, I'd look at, you don't have to buy it, do you? It may prove to be the best thing you have ever seen. At the end of the day, a Ducati for 1500 euros is very cheap, it wont take long to make it legal to ride. There's one on Ebay at the moment, and it's way more! As for the starter, we're going home on the 28th, and it's first on my list!!

'Sold as seen' is implied if you sell a used vehicle without a written guarantee, however, as in the UK,  if you sell a vehicle with a dangerous fault without declaring it (whether you know about it or not) you can be liable for any consequences.

I'm another one who would be hard pressed to justify yet another bike but a classic Ducati does look tempting[:)]

There's a [url=http://cgi.ebay.fr/DUCATI-PASO-750-BON-ETAT-1990_W0QQitemZ160137564230QQihZ006QQcategoryZ22932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Ducati Paso [/url]currently for sale on e-bay France.

French registered (of course).  Proper runner.  Buy-it-now price 2,500€. 

Two days to go - no bids.....[:(]

[quote user="Bob T"]I took a Ducati 620ie, 2004, out for a test ride the other day. Was thinking of buying it for a fun bike. Not a chance, no power, too plastic and didn't put a smile on my face. Never mind I'll keep looking.
[/quote]

The new 695 is nicer - still a girls bike though....

Wife has a 900ie, very slightly tweaked making around 90bhp - thats a fun bike!