Beds

Chris Head

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is the Mooo bed!

I found the wooden beds a little to chunky and square. Though the Windsor 4 poster isn't too bad.

You could make them with a bit more flowing and not so much of the chunky/muchomacho.....

I would love sort of artdeco kind of flowing.

If one day you have the chance to go to visit the Musée d'Orsay in Paris, go upstairs to the furniture area. There is some lovely furniture. A bit too fancy perhaps, I guess for you but you would adapt those ideas seen and your knowhow and come out with a fantastic product!

I like the same one Twinks liked, but if it was for me I'd want a minimal foot-board. What is a foot-board for, apart from to sling clothes on?

I like plain beds. Mine is very Scandanavian, almost 'sleigh' style, with no foot-board at all. I love my bed, but that's probably to do with the mattress, not the wooden base. Sorry that's off topic[:D]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Blimey Dotty, glad you're not my neighbour...just as well I've designed a squeak free bed!

Chris

[/quote]

Well seeing as we don't have any neighbours, well at least not for half a mile or so, it doesn't really matter if it squeaks or not.  Its the bluudy kids you have to worry about. [:)]

Sorry I'm being really fussy, but eventually we will have a bedroom of about 60m2, completely away from the rest ofthe house, ie its own staircase and access, completley cut off from the rest of the house if we so choose.

This bed is too frilly, its still just wood with a pretty frilly cover and flowers.

Sorry Twinks your search continues.

Now don't get too excited but I quite like that.  Its simple, smooth and round, a bit womb like.

Chris, can you make your wood round, womb like, then that would be ideal.

Yes Twinks, the more I Iook the more I like, I can see it in the centre of my bedroom, currently a barn without a floor, but its a vision, yes a vision.  Sorry, I'm just going off for a bit.

They are all pretty awful, but the plank stocks bed !!!!! Good grief - the mind boggles.  [Www]

I'm sure Chris that you can come up with a better design than the 'crude' school of bed making, chunky but in a smooth sort of way ( not a good explanation, but I know what I mean).

As you said in the first post, chunky but flowing.

Sorry to see so many negatives, I liked them. The stocks version was my favourite. But I shouldn't admit that I supppose. Not quite so keen on the four posters, the proportions are not quite right. We'll never have one of course, far too big for either country's house, and wouldn't fit J's chateau aspirations.

I just like the overall concept of the big timbers, the fact that they're softwood puts me off, I really think that a mad hour with a chainsaw would turn beds like the Indigo ones into something unique.

Plenty of places to hang the cuffs and chains from on that round bed!

Chris