Birthday Cards

Amanda

Hi

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy some english birthday cards for my friends back in the UK?

I have had a look in shops but there is not a good selection and the ones I do find are really bad quality.

I used to use a shop on the internet but they have recently closed

Thanks

You could also try moonpig.com.  We buy blank cards for your own message but with scenes of our local area from a local art shop.  Very nice to send to people in the UK.  As someone who used to get English cards from friends in France, must say I was very disappointed, it was a pleasure to receive cards in French.

Hi

Thanks for your imput. I have seen a few shops that sell cards where I live but these are very expensive (and very similar to the shops that drive to the UK and fill their boots with marmite and then sell it on to us Expats at 5 times the normal cost) hence why I posted the question.

Also, I would like to thank the rest of you for reading my posting, considering if you could help and then offering a little help and advice. I know that if I worked for a card shop I wouldn't need to ask my question

Thanks

Another good mail order company operating in France is http://www.avisadesigns.com which has a range of cards featuring paintings and drawings by artists based here: they have Christmas cards, too. On many of the cards it is possible to choose your own wording (French or English) on the front (and inside if you order several of the same design).  Prices start at €1.00 with most around €3.50 and there is no charge for delivery.  I have used them a lot and the service is quick and reliable - I always keep a couple of 'get well' and 'thinking of you' cards as well as those for birthdays.

Val

[quote user="Amanda"]

Hi

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy some english birthday cards for my friends back in the UK?

I have had a look in shops but there is not a good selection and the ones I do find are really bad quality.

I used to use a shop on the internet but they have recently closed

Thanks

[/quote]

Take a look at www.jacquielawson.com .Cost is only about GBP5 per year for as many as you want to send. Selection is limited but then most people only have 1 birthday then 1 anniversary per year.

John

not

• 2 weeks later...