Notifying change of address to french institutions?

Daft Doctor

Hi, have just changed address in the UK, and not being a fluent French speaker I would prefer to notify my French bank and other institutions in writing rather than by telephone. My experience of French administration so far is that things have to be done in a certain way to be valid, including sending correspondence by recorded delivery, etc. I just wondered if anyone can tell me if there is a fail safe protocol to follow to notify our change of address in writing in France? Many thanks for any advice offered

I just got my fluent french speaking niece ( I know, very handy[:D] )  to do me a standard letter which I then sent by normal post to banks, insurance companies, utilities etc. Was pleasantly surprised to see that it worked without a hitch having heard some right horror stories[:-))]

I had the same problem earlier in the year.

EDF/FranceTelcom & the bank no problem - but the others - I give up. I went into the tax office with a typed letter - the Tax Fonciere bill is lost somewhere, the water bill went to the old address & I dread to think where the Taxe d'habitation bill will end up. One thing I found really odd with EDF - you can't email them. I also took a letter into the local Marie.

Doc: We found that the letters alone were not enough and upon inquiry were told we must include a current bill or drivers license showing the correct address. After resending the letter and the required bill the address was changed with our bank, EDF, Tax D'Habitation, etc.