Office-type bookcases

nectarine

Hi there, I need bookcases and would have normally bought them from a catalogue in the UK, such as Viking Direct, where they deliver to the door, as the ones I want are going to be tall and quite heavy but reasonably priced as they are more functional than decorative. Is there a stationery supplier such as this in France with a website .... I have tried a few Google searches but can't find anything. Could anyone recommend an office supplies supplier?

Many thanks all

Nectarine,

I had the same problem.  I went to the local tridome and bought plastic "warehouse" type shelving, which is strong enough, but not ideal, as the shelves have no "ends".  You can get hem in various colour from black to grey to light blue.  I had thought to look in office depot the next time I go, they are the only place I have yet found similar to Viking, but don't know if you have one nearby, or even if they do such stuff.  I have found that most of the stuff sold as "bibliotheques"  ie bookcases to you or me rather than the actual library (I would need loads of them to fit my library into them!!!) in the furniture places such as But or Fly to be very expensive and also not particularly strong.  At least workshop type stuff is stong enough.  Tridome and such DIY places did have a reasonable selection of shelving which would serve as bookcases to choose from, which though not ideal have at least allowed me to unpack all my books!

Hope that helps - at least gives you some other options.

EDIT:  just seen where you are - I don't know of many such shops in the bit of 47 I know well (the NW corner).  I would expect Bordeaux, Agen, Bergerac (possibly) and Villeneuve to be your best bets -you seem to need a certain population number to find stores which a large enough clientele to give you the choice.  Good luck.

Judith, thank you and that's a very helpful answer, but I see that Tridome is based in the very south of France and my nearest would be Carcassonne which is a long way. There must be some kind of office-supplies distributor in France ... but I don't know what name to look for!

[quote user="nectarine"] such as Viking Direct, where they deliver to the door,................ Is there a stationery supplier such as this in France with a website .... [/quote]

Try http://www.jpg.fr/fra/catalog/stap_home.asp?ct=1

or http://www.bernard.fr/FRA/Catalog/stap_home.asp?CT=1

or http://www.vikingdirect.fr/

I have personally used JPG and they were very efficient.

[quote user="nectarine"]Judith, thank you and that's a very helpful answer, but I see that Tridome is based in the very south of France and my nearest would be Carcassonne which is a long way. There must be some kind of office-supplies distributor in France ... but I don't know what name to look for![/quote]

Nectarine,

Sorry, yes.  I am desperately trying to think of the DIY shops of the same kind in 47, and so far am failing.  Another poster says that Viking will only deliver to companies, which slightly surprises me as I certainly ordered stuff as an individual from Viking UK.  Do you get the pub regularly?  Thay may give you some ideas, certainly its where I picked up lots of different possibilities, at least worth then going to check.  And there must be some office suppliers in 47, they do have companies who must want them and I can't see them all going to Bordeaux or Toulouse for them!  Surely Agen must be big enough to have such a thing??