Bad SAV at Conforama

Pommier

After being messed about for three weeks by Conforama, they've now decided that they need to take my (under guarantee) washing machine into their workshop for repair.

They've now offered a loan machine (wouldn't it have been nice if they'd offered it at one of the repairmans ealier visits!) but have announced that they require a deposit of 300 euro against their second hand loan machine! This despite the fact that they will obviously have my machine all the time that the loan one is in my house)

They have had the last custom they'll get off me.

• 3 weeks later...
Yesterday Conforama rang me to say that they have (at last) repaired my machine. 'Great' I said 'When will you bring it back? Tomorrow?'

'No - next Wednesday'

Customer disservice is as expected at Conforama.

Anyone wish to give odds on whether the machine will indeed return next Wednesday, whether it will work, and whether it will have gained any dents or scratches?

• 3 weeks later...
So, they returned the machine on 28th November.

It now takes 3 hours to do a 40 degree wash, at the end of which the 1200 spin is so poor that I can wring out more water with my hands.

Another so-called technician came today, fiddled with it and claimed it's working perfectly!

Has anyone got any ideas as to what to do?

Not a washing machine engineer ...just a bloke.....who suspects the machine has a slow spin speed and a fast one and the thing is not kicking in to the fast cycle ?

I am sure some techy will soon let you know what the problem is likely to be ... sounds like it needs to go back though ..

[quote user="Pommier"]So, they returned the machine on 28th November.
It now takes 3 hours to do a 40 degree wash, at the end of which the 1200 spin is so poor that I can wring out more water with my hands.
Another so-called technician came today, fiddled with it and claimed it's working perfectly!
Has anyone got any ideas as to what to do?
[/quote]

I bet he wasnt there 3 hours!

Sorry that I cant be more helpfull, if it were me I would put the machine on a sack barrow and wheel it up to the SAV desk 15 minutes before closing time and refuse to leave until I was satisfied, some cardboard posters stuck to the side (protective packaging[;-)]) with your comments of dis-satisfaction on them might also gee things along. If they close for lunch then better still at the end of the morning session.

Then again I have been bounced out of Maxico-op, and I mean bounced, for doing something similar.

P.S. A slipping drive belt gave the same symptoms on my machine.

I bought a cheap washing machine from Auchan last year - it had an Italian name on it but turns out it was made in China - it burned out first day.

Auchan couldn't be more helpful - picked it up that night at 7pm apologised for the inconvenience and sold me a Bosch at 20% discount .

When we bought our place five years ago we had the local shop sell us a dishwasher (at not much above Auchan's price). He came out and delivered / fitted it at the time he said (6.30pm).

While he was there we asked him about a tumble drier that would only stay closed with the help of some tape. He looked at it and subsequently fitted the piece.

Cheapest at some hypermarket is not always best. Whenever we have bought in Vernet or Prades the service has been great.

I agree Owens.

There is a local in-town shop that sells and delivers/installs.

He relies on his reputation, and gives great service.

Then again I often buy second-hand reconditioned goods from a North African shop.

My first washing machine here cost about £50 and lasted several years..

It's beyond my my comprehension how Conforama stays in business. We have been messed about by them too, but never mind that, just look at this comparison with IKEA.

IKEA open lunchtime [ie. shoppers, not shop assistants convenience]. Most Conforamas closed lunchtime.

IKEA customer toilets. Conforama nil.

IKEA children's creche. Conforama nil.

IKEA everything in stock. Conforama wait two weeks.

IKEA restaurant, snack bars. Conforama nil.

IKEA reasonable quality. Conforama often shockingly poor.

Drive past Conforama, the car park is usually near empty. Go to IKEA you are lucky to get a parking place. Speaks for itself. The mystery is: why doesn't someone at Conforama look at IKEA and think, ah yes, that's what we should be doing.

No, we don't have shares in IKEA - just based on 13 years of buying furniture in France.

Patrick