AGA Stove

trainman

Hello,

Does anyone out there have an AGA cooker? We are planning to move to France within the next 12-18 mos. We have an AGA here in te US and would like one over there.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Trainman

I recall reading somewhere that AGAs are dropping in popularity because they are very expensive to operate, requiring comparatively large quantities of fuel, and are considered not green.

Perhaps you should try Googling "AGA in France".

Where are you planning to move to?  Given the summer temperatures in many parts of France you might well find you'd be having to let the Aga out for four months a year or more because of the heat.  If you want a warm cosy kitchen a wood burning stove might be more practical.

However I know that Aga are available in France but I expect they are even more expensive than they are in the UK.

Hi,

If you are referring to an electric Aga then have a look at the Everhot cookers. Far superior to an electric aga and indeed to most electric range cookers ie you don't lose heat from the ovens when the hob lids are opened and you can choose whether to have the ovens and hobs all working at the same time or independently and no condensation in the ovens and of course you can put it into eco mode, warms the kitchen/diner nicely and it plugs into a 13 amp socket..............and much cheaper to buy than an Aga - convinced yet?

Chris

I, also, am the proud owner of an Everhot. My husband was going to buy a new (secondhand) car this year but gallantly put it on hold, probably for ever, so that we could buy the middle sized one. I love it to bits and the performance is fantastic. Never had an Aga but I would not swop my Everhot for one.

• 3 years later...
[quote user="lookslikeaspammer"]I have purchased an Aga woodburning stove from a company called;

www.newlycreatedwebsite.co.uk

I am sure they will be able to help you? They have a live chat if you would like any information to help you as well

Hope this helps anyone looking.[/quote]

First-time poster? Check!

Ressurrects a very old thread? Check!

Offering a supposedly third-party recommendation? Check!

Doesn't appear to actually have ANYTHING to do with France? Check!

Links to a VERY recently created website? Check! (April this year)

Likelihood of being a spammer? VERY HIGH!

I am going to leave their post here for a bit and the reason why is that I called them and......

THEY DO NOT DELIVER TO FRANCE AND THEY CANNOT SUPPLY INSTALLATION AND SERVICE IN FRANCE.

Some people are just so stupid it beggars belief, clearly a company to stay well away from.