Has anyone renewed a UK Passport recently?

NormanH

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="crabtree"][quote user="Jonzjob"]Just renewed my passport. Sent the old one to Durham, as requested, with the correct bits, photo, etc. and the new one was returned 14 daze later. [8-|]

Majic !!

No more delays via Paris, even if it is the center of the World [:-))]

[/quote]

Tell us more - can you send renewals to the UK now then?

[/quote]

It ain't a case of can you, it's the only address I was given. So Paris has moved the same way as the Paris Medridien, they lost it [:-))]

It all seems to have changed in the last month or two.

When I read Jonzjob's post, I thought that he'd had an early 'apero' (Newcastle Brown??)  Having applied for a renewal ourselves as recently as early June, the process was as described in this thread. Ours went off the to the British Embassy in Paris and it all worked fine - passports back in 3 wks, which isn't bad for high summer.  Not sure what they added to the process though.

Just checked the website though and sure enough ................. send direct to Durham now. If you live in other parts though (Bongo Bongo land?) the process may well be different. So Jonzjob has stumbled on a change for the better!

The fee is less (£147-ish), by £10 or so. Think that I'll ask for a refund. [I]

By way of clarification over photos (and I think that I'm right here, but nobody can prove it now one way or the other), when applying from the UK, there was no need for 'fresh' photos if your likeness hadn't changed. For applications from abroad, there was always that requirement.  That doesn't seem to be essential anymore, in other words the requirements are the same as if you are a UK resident.

Gardian!! I never stumble !! Unless I have had my usual couple of pints of Jenlane, a couple of Ricards and a bottle or so of wine.

Come to think of it, that's most knights [:-))][:-))]

I had new photos took at one of those photo booths, but that was only because I am photogeriatrique [8-)] or something like that?

[quote user="nomoss"]

Crabtree. Try reading the previous posts![:D]

[/quote]

Crabtree. Please accept my apology. I posted the new link for overseas passport applications (which Jonzjob has now posted here) in a similar thread on another forum[:$]