So who's it going to be then (Eurovision) ?

The television is on in a different room so I can hear the music without seeing the acts.  The French act live wasn't as good as your YouTube recorded clip.  However, it is a refreshing choice of music.

We shall see.  The voting is always a lottery and is more gripping than the music.

I thought that the footie would be on by now - sadly not. Won't start till gone midnight at this rate.

Just caught the 10 sec clips of each 'act' and I reckon that the German number was the best.[;-)]

That's it - can't stand the prospect of another hour of "Helsinki calling - here are the votes of .........."

Off to bed - somewhere ludicrous will have won.

If you get the chance to watch "The Secret History of the Eurovision Song Contest" made by Channel 4 then do.  I haven't watched the contest or anything related to it since the Alisons but as a piece of cultural and social history, the film is fascinating.

[quote user="Cathy"]Come on then - how many of us know where Azerbijan is?

[/quote]

I did - abut half an hour before you posted, I'd just looked it up on Google Maps![:)] Mind you I had guessed it was possibly NE of Turkey, so not so bad [;-)]