Missing BBC coverage for f1 season start

[quote user="Théière"] How did that publican get sky without paying Greek satellite?[/quote]

I don't think she did, the matches were available in Europe on a different provider, as opposed to sky's UK dominance, so she contracted to the different european provider; if only an alternative for f1 in europe was also available, I'd force myself down to the pub to watch at 4am[:D], (but not sky[:P] I'd rather watch ads on ITV)

I saw it this morning from the UK. We have a sat receiver that receives the French free sat transmissions, turned it on to TF1, plus radio 5live for the audio feed and away we go. Only small problem  the radio was a couple of seconds in front of the TV signal, knew Jensen got round in front of lewis before I saw it.

Even better when you have a satellite and can watch TF1 wherever; I'll have to get it set up, any advice on this in the UK much appreciated.

I was wondering if my sentiments towards sky were in the minority, but having just read comments on  telegraph. -Jenson-Button-wins-first-race-of-the-season- perhaps not . . .

I've lost 90% interest now it is on Sky

Brilliant start to the season and no money paid to Sky!!!!! Suck that Murdoch!

work on cutting Bernies percentage out of the deal, you can get it for free.

Motors.  The only reason (now that 5US is available on  regular freesat) for keeping my Sky freesat digibox on the go.  Whole of the ALMS season, Nascar Nationwide, WRC highlights, Daytona 24 hours etc etc etc.  Who needs Sky (apart from the £50 I spent on Fleabay on the box and the card?)

If you watch french TV regularly then the french have the equivalent of a freesat box, known as fransat on Atlantic Bird and TNTsat on Astra 1.

If you have a digital satellite receiver with an LNB directed towards Astra 1; then RTL has the Formula I free to air on Astra 1L.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Are you saying that you can get Motors that way, Pacha? 

I was explaining to John how I watched the 12 hours of Sebring.

[/quote]

I've heard of Sebring but not familiar with Motors but the germans are nuts on motor sport.

It is a question of shopping around the sats, for example its been raining so I have watched the two FA Cup games, Liverpool v Stoke just finished, both games Sports 1 a german sat channel on Astra 1. I know that they will cover the Semis & Final.

I managed not to hear the result and watched the highlights on BBC in the afternoon.  As always, not a great Grand Prix mainly as it's a road track and not a good layout, well in my opinion anyways.  Not quite sure why they run this one, according to the Mayor of Melbourne it's not well supported and cost the city loads, he wants it to go.

I didn't catch the prize presentation but heard Eddie Jordan saying something about LH's  behaviour on the podium.  What was that all about?

Pierre, I think that the podium celebrations are part of the coverage which the Beeb cut (may be contractural?) .  I still had the gp on the hard drive and have looked again at the footage and it's very brief.  All I can spot is that only Vetel and Button went forward to the rail with the fizz and interacted with their teams, could be that?  Somebody who watched the French or Sky coverage may know more (not many of the latter, I reckon!)  Happily we've also lost those awful staged interviews with the podium-ites.  No loss there.

OK gp where the action was mostly due to incident and pit stops rather than good driving as is so often the case in F1.

Rumours this morning that Perez may be driving a red car very soon.  Can't be soon enough in my book.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

. All I can spot is that only Vetel and Button went forward to the rail with the fizz and interacted with their teams, could be that?  Somebody who watched the French or Sky coverage may know more (not many of the latter, I reckon!) 

[/quote]

Lewis was standing on his podium and his body language read " those buggers beat me again , I don't want to be here"

He might be in a better mood next week, but if Jensen wins again then start  thinking of the Alonso incident a few years ago, might be a re-run.

EDIT. why is the smilie at the top, what have I done wrong?

[quote user="marmite"]EDIT. why is the smilie at the top, what have I done wrong?
[/quote]Nothing.  We are all suffering at the mo'!

Having watched the programme about the Hamilton family the other day (ostensibly about Nick, but Anthony and Lewis featured also), I'm not surprised that Lewis comes across the way he does.  I'd be weird if he had been my father.