tired of the football already

mint

unfortunately that is also becoming a feature of British commentary. The last commentator who  get things neutral was the late great  Bill Maclaren whose rugby matches were a fine example of how they should be. Who can forget his "there's a wee bit argy-bargy going on"  but you could never tell who he favoured from his remarks

[quote user="AnOther"]I said it first so there [:P]

The 'beautiful game' what a sick joke !

Penned in 1997 this is as true today as it was then:

[url]http://www.delboy.com/football.html[/url]

[/quote]

That about sums it up!  Nothing much to LIKE, is there?

As I remember, the game of football was originally invented to keep the yobs of that time off the street .....

I hate it too - nothing but football, football, football, no matter which channel you try - instead of our nice relaxing regular Sunday evening viewing, just when all I wanted to do was collapse in front of the TV for one night.

I do not see why all the channels should be so afflicted - couldn't they leave something else for the un-interesteds to watch?

[:D] Don't know whether they still do it, but years ago during say the world cup, the cinemas used to offer cheaper seats for ladies who didn't like football.

Is that right? that That more men watch than women?

My friends husband sits and watches and claps when he considers something good has happened.

Him Indoors is bereft. He would like nothing better than an earnest manly discussion about the flat-pack-four and the back-side rule, but here deep in rugby land if he so much as mentions the football they look at him as if he has lost the plot. So all he's got is me, and because we are originally from deepest football land I have to confess to a bit of interest but this wall-to-wall every day football is driving me to distraction.