Walnut Trees

Postie

Dear Tandem-Pilot

Have had a bit of a look for Common Walnut on google but there doesn't seem to be much detail about it.  The fruit trees and plants that are currently growing on our property are exactly the same as those described in the Black Walnut article. Perhaps you (or any other member) can tell me more about the Common Walnut as I don't want to plant my new trees only to find that the die off. 

Many thanx

Postie

• 10 years later...

Fittersmate - perhaps so. The mature walnut tree in front of our french house was half cut down during a storm. Pretty heavy bough!!!

The plot next to our house certainly has overgrown walnut trees but overall the area has very well maintained and productive walnut trees. I always marvel that we can walk along near our house and there is an abundance of nuts just lying on the ground and in the supermarket in the UK a tiny pack cost lots.

NB we are abt 5 kms from part of the Route de la Noix in the Perigord. I understand that some farmers will not claim their land is commercial so as to avoid paying legally required taxes.