We have a date but still no name.....

Louise

Morning......

Just a little update and to say I have forgotten about revealing the name...I still havent chosen one !!!

On the other hand we do have a date for moving... we are moving over on Monday 31st October..... France here we come !! am so excited. Its the start of a whole new part of our lives and I am detemined to make it work... :-)

So any top tips (apart from learning  the language) or things I shouldnt forget to do when I move over.....

Louise[:)] 

Hi Louise,

As ericd said...................lots and lots of your favourite teabags, so expensive over here for anything decent !!

I don't miss anything food wise apart from Marmite, I always bring it over with me when am back in the UK and get friends and family to bring it too..............I'm a bit obsessed with it !!

Be ready for the cost of living over here, prices have shot up since we bought in 2005. Apart from that just bring your excitement, happiness and enthusiasm !!!!

Am very excited for you, the very best of luck and good wishes.

Best wishes Mel

Thank you everyone..... tea bags and coffee... a definite yes. I like Marmite too so will put that on the shopping list... :-)

Think I will just try to fill up the van with as much as I can as I know food is dearer over there but then as we are planning a veggy patch then I think we should make some savings that way.

Am really looking forward to it.... can't wait to get started on a whole new chapter of our lives... my mums already booked her flight to come over in a few weeks so am sure I might have a little list for her :-)

[:D]

I like 'La Maison Carrée'. Your house looks four-square and very attractive - why not make the most of it?

French people will know it means 'The Square House', and alongside an elegant little drawing/photo on all your publicity, it should be fairly clear to others (although I guess most people don't know the meaning of the names of hotels/B&Bs they stay in).

But some will know the original Maison Carrée in Nimes, and others the Madeleine church in Paris or the Virginia state Capitol in USA which it inspired.

Best wishes for your move.  [:)]

• 1 month later...

Just got internet so thought I would catch up with everyone.... we have been here 5 weeks now (time flies !!!) and just about got most things sorted. Time now to get on and sort a name - yep still not decided !!! and then get a website up and running. A couple of the names I liked are already in use round this area as I have found when doing a bit of research.

Anyway hope you are all well

Louise

[quote user="Louise"]

Morning......

Just a little update and to say I have forgotten about revealing the name...I still havent chosen one !!!

On the other hand we do have a date for moving... we are moving over on Monday 31st October..... France here we come !! am so excited. Its the start of a whole new part of our lives and I am detemined to make it work... :-)

So any top tips (apart from learning  the language) or things I shouldnt forget to do when I move over.....

Louise[:)] 

[/quote]

Make a profit!