Well Water testing

For safety I would ask for a full test including heavy metals, full bacterial count. Be aware that levels do change through out the seasons with the rise or fall of the water table. Some forum members have higher levels of arsenic which should ensure a good turnover of guests [:D]

Installing your own filtration plant may be needed for safety sake and the filtration should include a silver filter to reduce bacterial levels as bacteria can grow inside the filters and or U.V. which is great for drinking water supplies.

I would be interested to hear the results please

[quote user="NuBeginningsFrance"]Quick question. Are there any specific requirements or test apart from the standard pharmacy test for well water if it is going to be consumed by clients at a Chambres d'Hôtes[/quote]

We wanted our well water tested, so we went to the pharmacy but they  no longer do this,  they sent us to the local laboratoire who did the test. very quick and simple a couple of days, slightly longer wait for the result if you want it for drinking purposes.

Our hamlet is served by spring water (tested regularly by our neighbour who is in charge and I even paid for a test myself). However, to reassure our paying guests, I invested in a Doulton filter.

I explain to them our spring water is perfectly safe and I tell them the filter is there should a guest may have a sensitive system or in case there is a young baby. I also explain the filter is used by the Red Cross to provide clean water in

Third World countries.

Really, I just don't want to give them a reason to think their toddler's colic may be caused by what they may consider "untreated" water.

The cartridge is supposed to filter 2250l or last a year, whichever comes first. Once the initial purchase is made, the costs of the cartridge is almost negligible.

In fact, the geraniums for the balcony cost more!

PS: I have no link with the firm above, except as a satisfied customer.

You need the DASS (Direction des Affaires Sanitaires et Sociales) in your dept (no location in your profile, so I can't be more specific.)

The DASS and its regional equivalent DRASS are housed under the regional agency called Agence Régionale de Santé -ARS (no pun intended).

They deal with public health and all things related...

Try googling ARS + your region for their contact details.