Indian cooking/restaurants/chefs

jon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="jon"]Yes perhaps the little chef may be just the thing.....for some .....Heston,is involved with that too![/quote]

Yes, I know, jon.......that's why I posted the address of the one he's involved with.[Www] Why do you persist in the belief that everyone except yourself is a culinary philistine?

[quote user="jon"]...and when the French get the real thing then they will love it.You too![/quote]

( That was written about Indian curries..)

Well, sorry, Jon, but NEVER , in my case..

I find that too hot spoils the palate, you don't taste the flavour of the meat and vegs, it just burns your taste buds...

When my boyfriend and I went to the Indian in St Helens ( Merseyside) , he tried several times to have me try the hot stuff he was having .. each time I said .. " sorrrry, no, not for me... "

But there were plenty of absolutely delicious choices I adored, just milder and flavoury..

And I love the bread.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

I do !! [blink][:D]

please explain the onions and mash, I don't get it ..

Is it another trick from les anglais bizarres ?? [:D]

[/quote]

To get the best from sausages (I get mine from a local farm shop, made on the premises) they should be served with mashed potatoes (with a dash of mustard added) and either fried onions or, my preferred, onion gravy. Basically onions sliced and fried until they caramelise and then gently braised in the gravy until they impart their flavour. The onion gravy is then poured over the mashed potato. For a real Lord Snooty touch you can stick the sausages into the pile of mash like horns. Or serve the whole lot up in a big Yorkshire pudding.

Blue ribbon!

Last night it was  English sausages served with gently sautéed onions,  with mashed  (creamed) potato, with peas and gravy. Sometimes I cook the sausages and onions and gravy all in the same pan, but I didn't do it that way, yesterday.  I might cook Game Casserole at the weekend.

I think that jon is thinking that good Indian cooking isn't really hot, it is flavourful and spicy. Which is quite right, unfortunatley jon seems to think she is the only person on the forum that a) knows this b) has ever had a good curry.[:(]

[quote user="Bugbear"]I have a correction to make.............Mrs B has just looked over my shoulder and said "Excuse me!!, I don't use Bisto in MY gravy"

Ooops.

[/quote]

Good on yer, Mrs Bugsy!

Why would you use Bisto?  It would make all your meat taste of.............Bisto!

Wouldn't you rather your gravy tasted of chicken, or beef, or pork or lamb or whatever meat you are eating?

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"]Crois-moi, ça marche. Mais, à mon avis, il faut qu’on fasse la purée sans lait et avec beaucoup de beurre (demi-sel) pour d’avoir une bonne texture.  Si non, le mélange peux devenir trop fluide.
[/quote]

Ok, merci pour le tuyau [:)]