open all year....well most of it!

opas

Sorry, but the site could do with a wee bit of tinkering, Chris, apart from stating that you are open all year but closed at Christmas!! (Perhaps this is what opas was getting at?)

Too many photos and when you click on them they are enormous and very distorted - but, maybe that is just my pc. Oh, and the headline font is just too large.

Actually someone posted do's and don't's of putting together websites which had some excellent tips. Any ideas where it is - my pc times out if I do a search (the old LF worked better for me than this one:blink?

regards........helen

[quote]Hope Quillan doesnt take his shotgun to me for this one! Take a tour to his site , which for what its worth,I think is really lovely, but read the home page www.chambresdhote.com Going for a b...[/quote]

Oooooh ****** you spotted it (trust you).

I get my gun for the chickens tomorrow so don't come a calling.

Actually we are closed because we are so rich and live in a million pound house with a heated spa, private pitch and putt (club nicked from Brighton), heli pad (heli in garage at present) private river with private fishing a £60k kitchen from the designer centre Argoos and have considerably more money than you lot so we don't need the business and are off to Goa (private canoe) for xmas while we have the last work done on the house.

Ok can't lie, only the bit after Argoos is true but as others are bragging about what they have got I thought I might have some sport. We were open last year and will be open next year, it's just the decorating.

As for the pictures if you are running IE6 or above it should auto size to fit unless you have turned it off. The reason it takes so long is becasue the resolution is high. Stats show that most people holiday hunt at work via the internet so as they have high speed links time is not important. Does my website work, well I had over 7000 hits between May and October, more French than Englisk and my success rate was 3.2% which for those that can't work it out thats 225 (ish) bookings from my website. The reason is nothing to do with quality but more the fact that we always come up within the first 4 pages (normally on the first one) in search engines which is so important (if you do B&B Aude you will find we come up 10 times in the first 4 pages).

Hi Chris,

As I have already told you privately, your site works well and quickly with us. We are on 512kbs but it normally runs at 622.4kbs, so perhaps that makes the difference?

Anyway, as far as B&B sites go, it is excellent and as you do it yourself I believe ? then it's a real bonus, as you are of course fully aware, to build, run and maintain your own site, without the expense of paying for it to be built etc.

Next thing, brush up a little on the French and get with Gites De France and then you can pay off your share of "The World" and stay on board more often 

Great web site Chris. And great accomodation too. If we weren't going to be living just up the road we'd be booking-in ourselves.

Once we've got our place straight, and if we decide to spend any time back in Blightie, we'll create a web site of our own and see if anyone wants to stay at our little "bon coin". Designing and building a web site will be an interesting challenge, and I am looking forward to it. A project for next winter's evenings perhaps?

Best regards to you and Pat from both of us.

[quote]Hello Quillan Are you serious about shooting chickens. It sounds pretty illegal to me espesially if you use a .22 rifle. There is also the problem of excessive tissue disruption which which is a prob...[/quote]

Actually it's a 410 I'm using (having got my permit). I would quite happly 're-locate' them if I could catch them, not quite up to Rocky standards I'm affraid. Also nobody came forward to take them of me either.

As to the legality (just in case somebody thinks your being serious) it's not a problem. I spoke to my neigbours and told them what I was doing and we have sufficient fencing to keep people out. Providing you keep your eye's open and have proper gun sense there should be no problems.

However, because of the effect of the gun noise on my dog we have now stopped shooting them.