HELP!

Loopy Lou

Sorry - I'm about to go to France. (I expect that will get reported again!)

This time with about 30 13-year olds and, to be honest, the sort of fellow teachers that will see me off to my room by 9pm every night...

20+ hours on the coach tomorrow, London to St Raphael via the Chunnel. So you will be spared my dribbling for a week.

Question, though - would a Nintendo DS Lite help me through the journeys? I hear great things of Mario Kart and the Brain Game.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Croixblanches"]If you turn off the M25 at J13 going to Windsor then you have to go round the roundabout and back along the road parallel to the M25 for about 100 yards. If you turn off the M4 at Datchet, then you can follow the road parallel to the M4 for about a mile. Slough is still lovely, and Mornington Crescent is still totally baffling......................[;-)].

[/quote]

I know, but if you come off at Staines you can often miss the heavy traffic around Heathrow.........sometimes if we are coming back from a trip to France via the tunnel, by that point we have had enough of motorway driving.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Question, though - would a Nintendo DS Lite help me through the journeys? I hear great things of Mario Kart and the Brain Game.
[/quote]

...no chance of confiscating one so you can find out, Dick??

Hah!

So now,

Is most of Radio Four and all of Radio Three much in the same vein...?

When I read the link to 'Mornington Crescent' I found it very soporifique... In fact it reminded me of listening to a lecturer at horticulture college we call 'Herb' Robert Gray...

I would get up early to fall asleep on a train to Guildford only to sleep the day away at college as 'Herb' droned on about budding, grafting and stratifying the seeds of Taxus baccata...

Since I left college I have used prehaps one percent of the knowledge gained as all I get to do is cut grass....Grass.... reminds me...

Oh! I was asked to set up several large hydroponic units in old farm units once for which I spent 18months in Ford open before I came here....

I thought that they where for tomatoes!

I got my own back by planting young cannabis plants outside the police station in Chichester in the displays!

You know there are apparantly laws here about growing opium poppies... even the ornamental ones....

Did I ever tell you lot about my neighbours mad Breton Spaniel...?

The one what bit me and drew blood 3 times running and the owner laughed 3 times running....?

I tossed it a lump of meat treated with the ground up seeds of  Taxus baccata...

Quiet round here now...