Should I charge for cleaning ?

Jenny P

[quote user="Blanche Neige"]Crikey......................................Wot was all that about then?[8-)][/quote]

An insight into why the UK no longer has a car manufacturing industry? [blink]

[I] Perhaps Pun is saying if you drive a UK-built car, you will likely leave early in the morning and / or want to arrive later in the afternoon. [:-))]

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eslier,

Many thanks for your reply,

to reply to your questions its a time scale we,re looking to allow for the proplems we are at the mercy of other people, ie T.V. breakes down  or the pool PACKS UP, to get these thing sorted  and if we dont know of these sort of problems until the change over, and we didnt get the said problems at least started to be put in order the next paying guest isnt getting the package we have said is here to be enjoyed,

Lets face it we all enjoy the layed back french life style until we have a problem and then we seem to remember the british rat race thing about why isnt this or that what we are paying for.

Ive seen so many threads in the last couple of months that make me think ie fluff on the brush,electic wires hanging out of walls (they re only the a phone charging device)  we couldnt use the pool because the owners use it between such and such hour, and  so on and so on.

We got a warning of this or that on arrival (no welcome smile)

Ref the staff, we will have 2 people and the work is both in/outside work, everything checked and a fresh welcome pack for all guest and child pack,

REF times if people arrive after the time we expect, thats no problem, we are ready, we,re not letting anyone down and these people will be made welcome

as will the people who want to leave early in the morning befor the 9or 10 am period, if needed      we will be available.(we,re not operating from the U.K. or outerspace, or our friend who cleans for us(just pay the fee and stop moaning sort of set up, We are here 3kms away within 15mins or a phone call. 

As Ive said at the start of this whole thread, we are not by any means new to the world of public service, but I hope a breath of much needed fresh air,

time will tell.

Once again thanks for your advice ref this matter,

[quote]   Wheeee!  [/quote]

That's another new one on me Dick, what does that mean ? I am playing catch up

here and don't want to fall back among the debris of fallen giters and

bandb'ers just cos I don't know all these terms ..............

Waddya mean welcome, Croixblanche, as if I havn't been defending my corner for the last 30 years or so?  I'm not ashamed of describing myself as a professional, I was well paid for what I did and wouldn't have remained employed if I hadn't made more money for the companies I worked for. However, if you run a small business, you're probably aleady a marketing professional yourself to some extent because, like it or not, you're doing it all the time, even if you give it a different name. And by the way, I have never worked in the sales field so wouldn't feel able to comment.

At least Ford learnt that upholstrey that's easy to clean is a good selling point! (Gite owners to note.)I've never been a fan of so-called "Focus Groups" - the very name leaves me cold.  My point was aimed, as you suggest, at a few people who seem to want to run a business around their own needs and not their customers'.  So, we get back to the original point (there's an idea) - give your customers the option to either clean up themselves (and be on hand when you leave to agree that the required standard of cleaning has been met) or offer it as an optional extra - or god forbid, include a clean in your costs and therefore the price you charge in the first place.

[quote user="Miki"]We would certainly charge BUT we have it in our T&C's that if the gite is not left in a clean and tidy condition, more or less as found, then we will charge for cleaning over and above the 30 minute going over  we do after all guests, spotless or not !

30 minutes!!!!!!!!! crikey, even when it looks spotless...which it did this morning after our 4 guests left...it still took me over two hours, making beds, dusting, checking cupboards, cleaning baths! and I still have another one to do!

www.le-tilleul.com

[/quote]

Just back from my mid-stay cleaning (I think I must have the Gite

factor - or perhaps it's St Vitus' dance) and I see that kittens are

being posed already....

Firstly, I am sorry I was rude about marketing - coincidently one of

our guests commented (just as I was picking her up to dust underneath)

that "our marketing was both accurate and fair." It must therefore be a

good thing.

Pun - just a couple of questions, just so I can get context you understand:

- How many is this palatial gîte of yours going to sleep?

- Is it a hobby gîte or a living?

Hope I'm prying too much.

[quote]

We would certainly charge

BUT we have it in our T&C's that if the gite is not left in a clean

and tidy condition, more or less as found, then we will charge for

cleaning over and above the 30 minute going over  we do after all

guests, spotless or not !

30 minutes!!!!!!!!! crikey, even when it looks spotless...which it

did this morning after our 4 guests left...it still took me over two

hours, making beds, dusting, checking cupboards, cleaning baths! and I

still have another one to do!

[/quote]

Don't want to appear funny here but read between the lines

a little bit...If we said an hour or two hours clean is included, they

would think, "well that's enough time for them to do the lot" but if,

as we do say, mention half hour, it makes them think a little bit more

about how they leave it...Earlier, I had said we do not charge for up

to an hour or even more.

And as also already stated, we restored the place so as to ensure cleaning was simple and quick and always looked tip top.

As ever, it's a case of mind games eh !

[quote user="Dick Smith"][IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f338/dick_at_aulton/GiveUp.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

So how hard did you have to throw Rocky to the wall to get it to salute then Dick ?

Upper Richmond Road, wonderful freeway. Roundabout just before Twickers

to Chalks (is it Chalk, it's the memory again!) the Funeral place on

the corner, where one can turn right to go to Putney, over an hour plus

some mornings. Nothing like the long queues at all the

roundabouts.  Miss it all you know....................

Ford Mondeo Estate - commonly known as the doggie wagon.  Filled with the hairs and mud of three golden retrievers.  (and no, it wasn't me!)

Do you mean to say it could have been even harder to get them off if I had a different car?  Whatever happened to the days of vinyl trim.  Perhaps Ford would like me to join one of the focus groups.  Do I get a free car?

[quote user="Judyc"]

Ford Mondeo Estate - commonly known as the doggie wagon.  Filled with the hairs and mud of three golden retrievers.  (and no, it wasn't me!)

Do you mean to say it could have been even harder to get them off if I had a different car?  Whatever happened to the days of vinyl trim.  Perhaps Ford would like me to join one of the focus groups.  Do I get a free car?

[/quote]

Nah, you get a free golden retriever (unless you can get Dick to donate that kitten he's holding at gunpoint?)

HI  JON D,

No I dont think your prying , not one bit,

We sold a property in the U,K and decided for what Interest was being offered (without taking big chances) we,d be better off in the property market,

We,ve never lost in the passed as far as property went in the U.K. and this area has shot up in the last 6 years also both of us enjoy doing property up anyway and the prices in france are much better buy than a lot of places in the U.K..

The gite (as going to be has 3 very large bedrooms and a large bathroom fully fitted, twin sinks, bath, shower, loo.

as far as sleeping, the bedrooms have one kingsize slay bed in 2 of the rooms and what we,re calling the childrens room has a good quality bunk bed this sleeps 2 bottom 1top or could be used for an adult sized person if needed, and also a larger cot and if needed a cradle, all rooms have furniture ie lockers

hanging space etc.

the childreens room is as big as the other 2 and allbedrooms have windows and all have countryside views

The ground floor has a large lounge and the dine/area seats 6 adults, around the table.

the kitchen is again large fully fitted also a breakfast bar sits 6 and has been made in a safe area away from cooker etc, ideal for children.

the ground floor also has a loo, and a seperate utility room again fully fitted washing machine etc,

and the heating is all new oil centrial, and glass doored log fire, and all double glazed throughtout,

Outside is one and a half acre, compr/orchard 15 fruit trees, veg are, hen house, hot tub, (and we are waiting for a pool to be fitted 10mtrx5mtr,

all the grounds are secured by fencing and the entrance has new metal gates (lockable if needed) and the drive in court yard has gravel to reduce speed.

the patio looks over the large garden and has a 12 seater table and a awning for shade, the bar,b,q area again is large with conctrete table and verious seating the bar b.q is   charcole heated.

We are here to enjoy retirement and the gite when complete will be an investement (hobby)

Well  Jon d hope this has helped,

regards Pun.

Hi one and all,

Im away sunday but just thought I,d leave you with this info "now"almost 6pm french time we,ve had 122 replies to this question

Should I charge for cleaning,

this shows we still have a lot of interest in the subject and a topic I feel has called some new views on how or why things are done the way they are,

thanks for all the taking part speak to you soon.

regards Pun.

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Judyc"]

Perhaps Ford would like me to join one of the focus groups. 

[/quote]

Would that be a Ford Focus group?  Well, somebody had to say it! [:$]

[/quote]

And I'm glad it wasn't me !

Good good old Frankie did the biz today !! [:)]