Dish Washers

Teamedup

Your husband seems to have multiplied your maximum capacity by 3, I think by 2 would probably be enough. I'm always amazed at how reasonable the crockery is in French supermarkets - a few sets in plain colours might not break the bank, plus you may get extra rentals to off set the cost..........

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We supply 12 of everything for a max capacity of 6. We have been inspected and rated by the Préfecture on this basis.

We do have a dishwasher and leave 1 tablet per day + 2 spares for each stay. We do not want to 'encourage' excessive use of the dishwasher and we have only had 1 group who were using it twice or more a day in the last 3 years.

Depending on the gite capacities, you might want to consider a compact one rather than a full size one.

Also, if you do decide to buy more than one, it should give you good grounds for free delivery and installation as well as a seizable discount...

EDIT: we bought our crockery from Ikea and they do start-up sets at a very good price. We have a spare pack in the cellar to replace the occasional broken plate and so on...

We have a maximum number of guests of 4, we provide enough crockery/cutlery (we think) for 8. Assuming guests have breakfast and one meal in our cottage, then the dishwasher will be used once a day. But often there are just 2 guests only. (And sometimes I expect they have friends to dinner, so there are more) Only a guess, but I provide the tablets, salt etc, and it isn't used more than once a day on average - if that!!

• 3 weeks later...