Dish Washers

Teamedup

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="powerdesal"]the loading and unloading time is probably longer than the washing up / drying time ( yeh, right, I'm a technophobe  [:D])
[/quote]Sorry, but it takes no longer to take your dishes from the table and put them straight into the dishwasher, than to put them on a counter, or straight into a washing up bowl.  Then, when finished, straight from dishwasher to cupboard.  No effort in between except putting the powder or tablet in the machine.[:D]

Three out of four of our properties have a dishwasher and we too provide the tablets. (The one that doesn't is quite a small gite).  I'm not sure that it is essential in the smaller properties but certainly provides added value. In larger gites however, especially those where there might be two or more families staying together, then I think it is a must.

[quote user="Eslier"]Three out of four of our properties have a dishwasher and we too provide the tablets. (The one that doesn't is quite a small gite).  I'm not sure that it is essential in the smaller properties but certainly provides added value. In larger gites however, especially those where there might be two or more families staying together, then I think it is a must.

[/quote]

In the days when we took our kids on holiday we never stayed anywhere which had a dishwasher, and had we done so it would have been a boon. It's a waste of time when you don't want to waste time!

We got one in England for precisely that reason, and often used it twice a day when the boys were at home.

We don't have one in France, but there is usually just Julie and myself there, so the task isn't so bad. If we have visitors - they do it!

If (when we retire) we start to spend longer in France we might get one, but the plumbing would be tricky.

Being serious, rather than my previous frivolous posts, we did have a dishwasher up to a few years ago (just two of us ) but when it died we decided that the additional expense and space used was not really worth it. A personal choice but I cant really see us having one in the future.

Even before we had one at home I always chose places with dish washers. It is something I would not be without.

Washing by hand uses a lot of water and takes time, far more than  plonking stuff au fur et à mesure during the day and just one wash and putting dry and very very clean stuff away.

I have known lots of blokes over the years say no to dish washers and then when they eventually have one in their home would not be without one.

T/U (although p/d breaks the mould on this one), this is usually my finding - those who think dishwashers are a waste of money, are normally those who've never had one!  Great things, I would definately choose it above the washing machine any day of the week.

We don't have one in France, but there is usually just Julie and myself there, so the task isn't so bad. If we have visitors - they do it!
If (when we retire) we start to spend longer in France we might get one, but the plumbing would be tricky.

Dick

you have summed it up well, our situation is the same.

If we have friends for a meal then I plan very carefully and use a minimal  amount of crockery!

I like the French idea of using the same plate and cutlery throughout the meal and even turning the plate so that the clean side is used for the tarte.(only usually resort to plate turning for picnics though!)[:)]

Great things, I would definately choose it above the washing machine any day of the week

Cooperlola

[Www]I would never want to go back to doing all the clothes and household washing by hand....................never in a million years! Maybe you were considering the Launderette as an option however not too many of those around these days.