Guests taking the Pi*s.

Thebiga

Providing accomodaton for people gets really interesting when the Police turn up and bang in your newly painted front door Then you see the guy who was so nice and owes you money heading off over the neighbors garden with an alsation snapping at his ar+e That puts nicking a few glasses in the shade .

We are happy running our B&B in the Charente as all of our guests to date have been pleasant. However, for every Euro you can earn in this country you have to pay a doll scrounger and a civil servant a euro as well so money does not go far. We buy as much as we can from the UK but it is a struggle, and we are quite high in our price-range with the business.

• 1 month later...
A ça oui alors ! Us speakers of English as a foreign language make efforts trying to spell correctly and make our post light and easy to read. Good point. However the wife and I were considering renting our newly purchased house....

What would make a difference to the behaviour of those people....put the price up and only attract "the respectful lodgers"..???

Don't think there is any link between the amount paid and yhe behaviour of guests.  In fact I suspect if someone has paid a lot of money, they are more likely to take liberties, because 'well we've paid an arm and a leg for this, it's ours for a week/fortnight, so we can do what we like'. 

Beware the professional couple with small children attempting the simple life and getting away from it all.  They are used to having "staff" (cleaner/nanny etc etc) to run around after them - they have no clue what a dustbin/broom or cloth is for!  Nor are they capable of dealing with their children, but get very huffy should you intervene when the little darlings are trying to insert pencils in your dog's ear ........

"Don't think there is any link between the amount paid and yhe behaviour

of guests.  In fact I suspect if someone has paid a lot of money, they

are more likely to take liberties, because 'well we've paid an arm and a

leg for this, it's ours for a week/fortnight, so we can do what we

like'. "

Fi, I would agree with your comments.

Ericd

I think if you advertise your property properly and are totally honest with the clients you will probably get good results.

Bon chance.

Totally honest, like Iraq never had WMD's

Or it's really great and there are hardly any mosquitoes at this time of year [Www]

Rich guests...........

Me too. Guests the other year, "there are no instructions for the cooker"........

Turn on the gas bottle and light the bit the saucepan sits on!! **** accountants at Price Waterhouse Coopers, must have travelled without cook on this trip [:D]