Carte Vitale photos refused!

squidge

hi all

when we received two envelopes from CPAM the other day we finally thought we were the proud new owners of shiny new CV cards (after having started the process back at the beginning of jan)..... but no....... they've just sent back our photocopies of passports and our signed form with passport photo attached.

they've just enclosed a really vague letter with each, saying that they're sorry that they can't deal with the applications at the moment because in each case the identity photo we used 'n'est pas exploitable'. they're just normal passport photos taken in booths (back in the UK), and seem to correspond with all of their criteria listed on the page of the application form.

we popped into our local CPAM office today to ask what was wrong with them. the lady just looked blank and said she didn't know - 'just try sending another one in' was her idea. but with not knowing what's wrong with them in the first place.... we'll probably find ourselves in the same situation in a few months time!

has anyone else had a similar prob? the only thing i can think of is that they don't like the background colour in the photos - slightly creamy in mine and a lovely pale minty colour in the photo of mr squidge?! do french photo booths only give a lovely white backdrop? these photos are actually used in our UK passports.... so you'd have thought that they should be ok!

any ideas?!

thanks

squidge x  

Hi, we had the same letter last week.  Tried everything, made sure the size was OK, etc.etc.  Anyway went down to our local CPAM and saw the grumpiest of grumpies.  She took one look and chucked it back at me and said 'lunettes'.  My husband had his glasses on and apparently the face has to be 'nude'.  So if this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a new photo machine in our local Auchan. I went last week for photos for French Driving licence. It is one of those irritating machines that talk to you and keeps getting you to lean forward to press the next button (hamlet ad springs to mind, but with more hair!!!) In the midst of all the instructions it did say "loose the specs" which I did. Then comes the fun - Where are those darned buttons I need to press[:-))][8-)][:-))]

Aye, there's the rub!

As it happens, I went to a lecture last week about information security, and the question of face recognition came up.  It seems that this cannot happen if you wear specs, as the recognition works on measuring the distance between eyes and shape of face etc, which wearing specs distorts to impossiblity (as a strong myope I can concur that this does indeed alter the view of your face to observers, as it does to me when I look at myself in the mirror).  But why that is a problem with a carte vitale which is presumably scanned by human eyes rather than computers I cannot understand.

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="lorna"]We received our Carte Vitales last December and my photo was taken with my glasses on so this must be a new ruling![/quote]Probably has more to do with its being a different CPAM.[Www][/quote]

Don't think so - our photographs were requested by and had to be sent to the CV centre, not the the local CPAM

can't be the glasses thing - mr squidge doesn't wear them so that can't be why they refused his application!

i had my glasses 'in my hair' in mine but you can hardly tell they're there- but anyway, my face was nude as well!

keep on thinking everyone!

Just a thought - we had ours done in the officially marked booth at Auchun in Montluçon. The result was the most disgusting photographs I have ever seen - bad background, over-exposed and too full face for words. Vhen the CVs arrived, the resultant images were still disgusting, but a few shades darker. Perhaps they need to be overexposed and washed out to work in the process The photograph is not stuck onto the card, it is printed onto it during production and that may render a decent image too dark.

As I said, just a thought.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

(maybe tete nue means without makeup too????)

[/quote]

It means no hat, and no head-dress. It might mean, no baseball cap (backwards or the right way round). My guess is that it was specifically added for moslem women wearing a headscarf, although that would be denied.

• 3 weeks later...