Our household has the flu

Kitty

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth noting in the first article I linked to in my previous post:

"Le nombre de cas groupés augmente régulièrement ... le signalement et le dépistage systématique des cas

individuels ont été arrêtés depuis le 7 juillet.
"

(the number of group cases increases steadily ... reporting and screening of individual cases has stopped since July 7.)

[quote user="Clair"]Worth noting in the first article I linked to in my previous post:

"Le nombre de cas groupés augmente régulièrement ... le signalement et le dépistage systématique des cas

"

(the number of group cases increases steadily ... reporting and screening of individual cases has stopped since July 7.)
[/quote]

I wonder why? [8-)]

Is this a head in the sand approach?

[quote user="Cendrillon"][quote user="Clair"]Worth noting in the first article I linked to in my previous post:

"

[/quote]

I wonder why? [8-)]

Is this a head in the sand approach?

[/quote]

The decision was made by the World Health Organisation:

Selon l'OMS, la grippe A "ne peut plus être enrayée" (According to WHO, influenza A "can not be stopped")

"En raison du nombre croissant de cas dans de nombreux pays, où l'on assiste à une transmission communautaire durable du virus, il est extrêmement difficile, voire impossible, pour les pays d'essayer de confirmer les cas en laboratoire", précise l'OMS."

"Because of the increasing number of cases in many countries where

there is a sustainable community transmission of the virus, it is

extremely difficult or impossible for countries to try to confirm the

case in the laboratory," says the WHO."

I really do think that the French authorites do not want to record the statistics because they do not want to affect the tourist trade.

A French friend of ours is putting off his annual holiday to the UK because of swine flu.  He is unaware that the flu is on his own doorstep.

[quote user="Clair"]For info:
from today, individuals who think they may be suffering from the A1/H1N1 flu virus are asked to contact their GP rather than the SAMU or visit the emergency services.
Article In French here and in google English here.  [/quote]

That's interesting, Clair.  I telephoned my GP but it was she that asked SAMU to telephone me.

Well done you - and so happy to hear you have all recovered well, without any real damage. Bravo.

Sweet17 - as you are British I would say that you gave all the lovely Megeve people British Swine Flu! (many of them are really snobby - but still, they didn't deserve THAT). So glad you are on the mend too - take it easy. xxxxxx

[quote user="Clair"]Unlike the schoolchildren in China, these were close to the ferry terminal. It was probably best to get them home than quarantine them in a hotel.

Do dangerous criminals get sent home? [8-)]

[/quote]

So they put them on a eurostar train, oh joy, how great would that be, to be cooped up in a train with the dreaded disease! [:@]

I think I'll stay away from the crowds, stick to walking and the great outdoors.[:)]

[quote user="odile"]Well done you - and so happy to hear you have all recovered well, without any real damage. Bravo.

Sweet17 - as you are British I would say that you gave all the lovely Megeve people British Swine Flu! (many of them are really snobby - but still, they didn't deserve THAT). So glad you are on the mend too - take it easy. xxxxxx
[/quote]

Odile, Megève wasn't my favourite town there.  I preferred St Gervais les Bains and the few people I got to talk to there were perfectly civil and not at all snobby.

Sweet 17, I was thinking of you and Cathy.. Tonight my son has repeated twice he didn't feel well, he feels he has a temp, diarhea, sore all over .. I asked him if he coughed, he said no, and no headache either.

Fingers crossed it is just " simple " gastroentérite..  

Well, G's symptoms don't tick all the boxes, but he s seeing a doc this PM .

Temperature 38.2 , sore all over, diarrhea, slightly running nose., but no coughing, so I think it may be " gastroentérite " .

And now I don't feel well myself ( temp) [blink]