What can it be that keeps biting me?

mogs

Let's hope it isn't the ' Le moustique-tigre'

which has just colonised the south and is predicted to spread rapidly all over, giving rise to infection with nasty diseases previously thought to be tropical such as Dengue or Chikangunya

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2010/09/26/01016-20100926ARTFIG00223-un-deuxieme-cas-de-chikungunya-sur-la-cote-d-azur.php

Well, more bites! A couple of mossie bites (I use the Aspiven on these which seems to help for a while) and more of the other bites!

Why do some of them have "track" marks, like something digging in spikey feet and leaving a mark as it walks across, before getting its feed.

Another problem, also have mice so why can't the mice eat the beasts that are biting me???

BTW with 3 cats who are well fed they're not interested in the mice!

You can't see aoûtats - they're too small. Keep your grass down, shower immediately after coming in from the garden (they take a while to climb up and find their target) and wash clothes. I used to put sulphur on my shoes and trouser legs - they hate it. You can buy it in garden centres.

Have you had problems with processionary caterpillars? Do you have pine trees in your garden, or are there any close by in your neighbours'gardens? Even when the caterpillars have left their nests, the nests are still full of their hairs and these float down and cause irritation, for months afterwards.

[quote user="Edward Trunk"]Have you had problems with processionary caterpillars? Do you have pine trees in your garden, or are there any close by in your neighbours' gardens? Even when the caterpillars have left their nests, the nests are still full of their hairs and these float down and cause irritation, for months afterwards.[/quote]

This is one of the times of the year when you don't have to worry about the pine processinary. They go through 5 stages of caterpillar and on the first 2 they don't have the hairs, they grow during the third. At the moment are only just hatching. Now is a good time to look for the eggs that coat the pine needles though. Just pick them off and crush them. as you say, you can get hit by the hairs from the old cocoons though. I burned one that had fallen out of one of our trees a couple of days ago.

TP, if you re-read that bit about the spiders it says that they go after mossies after they have had a blood feed, so they have already bitten someone. Normally not me 'cause I have bin told they only go after bad blood [6][8-|] OH gets bitten though [blink] so if there's one in the bedroom then no peace for me till it's dead![:-))]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]
TP, if you re-read that bit about the spiders it says that they go after mossies after they have had a blood feed, [/quote]

Yep, thats justice, bite me and suffer a worse fate of being eaten alive!!!!! but wrapped in sticky silk.