CPAM Perigueux

Mac

We recently sent our E106 forms to CPAM in Perigueux together with all the info they asked for. The forms have been returned saying that we need to send birth certificates(not asked for at the time). I have been told by one person that these need to be translated by an official translator.

However I have been told by someone else that if I go in person to the CPAM office in Perigueux and take the certificates with me,there is someone there who will deal with them as they are and that there is someone who deals with queries from non-french speakers. However this person registered a few years age and I wondered if anyone knew if this was still the case?

This would not only save time but money. If however I have to have them translated so be it -but don't want to if not needed.

Most CPAMs don't expect translations of birth certificates (they are hardly complicated documents) although some ask for them.  If yours has just asked for the certificate then that should do.  If you have not yet supplied your marriage certificate (if applicable) then send that at the same time or the thing will get bounced back at you again . 

If in doubt, a personal visit can't hurt. 

I'd suggest taking every document you've got, as the one you leave at home will be the one they ask for!

Remember to take a RIB so that reimbursements can be made, also I've found that recent utility bills and the attestation from the notaire confirming your house purchase can be useful.

I have found that pushing lots of bits of paper at them works a treat.

I'd say, would you like my birth certificate?  Then, I'd say, here's my marriage certificate!  Then, would you like a facture for electricity, or water or telephone?  Which would you prefer? How about my passport?  And here is my RIB!

Every time I mention a bit of paper, I'd shove the relevant piece in front of them.  Usually, after about 3 bits of paper, they'd say, no, no, madame, that won't be necessary.

Mind you, you need to show eagerness and willingness to make their work less onerous.  Act as though you are only trying to help by forestalling their request.

Believe me, this strategy has worked for me every time so far![:D]

When we presented all our documents at our local CPAM office in person, we went armed with everything we could think of, as advised by others on here, only to be asked for a long version of our birth certificates, which we did not have, only the short versions. So if you do not have long versions of your birth certificates, this could be a problem. As with most things in France every office seem to have their own rules, so maybe short birth certificates may suffice.

In case anyone needs a full copy of a birth certificate (or marriage cert) they can be ordered online from the GRO (for England and Wales). The cost is only £9.25 and they post to France at no extra cost.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/faqs-birth-death-marr.asp#bmd1

or via the local council

http://local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/index.jsp?LGSL=323&LGIL=0

I went to Perigueux CPAM with a short version birth certificate. This was not accepted, I had to apply for the full one. I also agree with most replies, I think it is best to go in person, they are really helpful when they see a face !!