Blood pressure

partout

Is it possible in france to go to your local fire station  to have your blood pressure checked like you can in the USA, or maybe the local pharmacy, husband has changed tabs and would like to keep an eye on his b /pressure, also says I have to keep cool so as not to raise his b/pressure, cheek....

As you have a UK base still then why not ask your GP for a home one?  A friend of mine has one because she kept getting false high readings at the docs due to stress.  Having her own was not a problem and she can check whenever she wishes.

Do ask at your pharmacy but I'd try the nurse first.  Mine only charges 5€ for a blood test so I can't imagine it will cost a lot.

To be honest if you want the most representative results you should get an Omron (IMHO the best) portable home BP machine (cheap enough to buy if your GP can't loan you one) and take morning and evening readings at home at the same time two days a week for 4 weeks.  Then average up the readings.  Even having your BP checked at a pharmacy or fire station??? will potentially introduce a 'white coat' effect, so home readings are better. 

Thanks all, the old man b/pressure is caused by me apparently, always the wifes fault.

In the states the paramedics are based in most f/stations, not that we ever used them.

We left our portable kit at home in the UK, and he was just wandering how things were going.

He looks OK to me , and I have not been doing the nagging or have you done this...not that I do!!!

But thanks all.

[quote user="partout"]We left our portable kit at home in the UK, and he was just wandering how things were going. [/quote]

The portable kits are very reasonably priced in the Pharmacy. I bought one last year as the thought of having to go to the Doctor's surgery every morning and evening for a week to have my blood pressure taken was too alarming ... white coat syndrome and all that. And no it was not suggested at the surgery that they lend me a kit; that does not seem the norm here.

Sue