Last caller redial

We have found the caller ID very useful, which also let's you know if you have missed a call and tells you the number on the display. Think it costs just over a euro per month.  It even picks up international numbers, which is good.  You can't ignore it, all the phones flash like Christmas trees if you have missed a call.  That, plus the free message service seems to work pretty well.

You can set it all up online with F Telecom.

On my phone I've noticed that 3131 doesn't immediately acknowledge a call. Sometimes it takes hours. If I've been out for a while, and check the phone when I come in that evening, it will tell me "il n'y a aucun nouveau message". But the next day it will have a different story and tell me there was a message the previous day. Anybody else have this minor irritation?

[quote]On my phone I've noticed that 3131 doesn't immediately acknowledge a call. Sometimes it takes hours. If I've been out for a while, and check the phone when I come in that evening, it will tell me "il ...[/quote]

3103 is the number for messages, not 3131,  you have to activate it though.  3131 only gives you the last unanswered call not the last caller, there is no equivelant to 1471 on FT 

[quote]Messages is 3125 on our phone and that works. What on earth is 3103 then. 3131 should be last missed call that went unanswered AND that the messagerie didn't pick up and that has never worked pro...[/quote]

From FT site "consultation  de votre Messagerie vocale 3103, suivi de votre consommation"

3103 is the 1571 equivelant on FT, you must have had a business line as 3125 is the same service on business lines. it can take up to 50 messages.

I have had 3125 for a long time now, I reckon I used to have to pay for it at one time, but the payments stopped quite a few years ago.

FT have never told me to use another number at all.  And I have discussed our needs and requirements with them from time to time.

So whatever they are offering now is by the by, we still have 3125.

It's true that the 4171 service in the UK is free, but have you noticed that they charge if you then dial 3 to return the call ? It costs 45p each time. I'm not sure if this is new or if it's always been like this and I've only just noticed.

Hoddy

[quote]Errr... 1471 in Uk,3125 in France.I have both and both are similar.I have no business line and both are free.They work very well[/quote]

Well Lizzie you must be the only FT custoner who has the equivelant of 1471 in France

• 1471 lets you know who called last *
  • BT Answer 1571 takes messages for you  -   The  French equivelant of 1571 (top message) is 3103 or 3125 for professional/business lines. 
  • Have a look at the FT website,  I'm not making this up

" Le 3131 vous indique le numéro du dernier appel auquel vous n'avez pas pu répondre. une voix vous accueille et vous indique quel est le numéro du dernier appel auquel vous ou votre répondeur n'avez pas pu répondre et à quelles date et heure il a eu lieu

So with FT there is no equivelent of 1471, what you get with 3131 is the last unanswered call, not the last call.

[quote]3131 But, it only works if you (or your answering machine!) did not answer the 'phone. No "callback" that I am aware of.[/quote]

To reset your 3131 facility (i.e. delete the message about the last unanswered call)

dial 3131 and listen to the message

hang up and immmediately dial #92#

this will "clear" the message.

Clair