Wanadoo.fr and Orange fr ISP'S

On return to France this year (maison secondaire) we were abliged to switch from Wanadoo to Orange as a local ISP. Much to our dismay Orange.fr is a banned ISP by Telecom, (Bigpond) Australia.

I quote from a Bigpond representative 

"Orange.fr  are actually blacklisted by TrendMicro's MAPS RBL+ and QIL databases. These are reputation based  blocklists and are used by Bigpond as our primary anti spam defence. Orange.fr  have a particularly bad global record of supporting and hosting spammers and as such their mail servers are almost constantly blacklisted as one or more spammers use them to deliver millions of garbage emails. You have probably picked the worst ISP in Europe to deal with except for the Russians".

Users beware!

On return to France this year (maison secondaire) we were abliged to switch from Wanadoo to Orange as a local ISP. Much to our dismay Orange.fr is a banned ISP by Telecom, (Bigpond) Australia.

"Orange.fr  are actually blacklisted by TrendMicro's MAPS RBL+ and QIL databases. These are reputation based  blocklists and are used by Bigpond as our primary anti spam defence. Orange.fr  have a particularly bad global record of supporting and hosting spammers and as such their mail servers are almost constantly blacklisted as one or more spammers use them to deliver millions of garbage emails. You have probably picked the worst ISP in Europe to deal with except for the Russians".

Users beware!

We have the same problem. We were using a real estate in Oz to sell a property and both them and our solicitors use bigpond. We were sending emails but not getting a message back saying underliverable blah, blah blah for about 4 or 5 days. Real pain in the neck. Had to use hotmail for the duration which is a pain.

Tried getting it off the blacklist but looked like too much hassle, so have persevered.

Stupid bigpond!

[quote user="trevour"]

No not exactly! we are using our OZ e mail account as  'default' on the Orange.fr ISP.

[/quote]

Not to be argumentative, but if you can use your OZ account when you're in France, why would you want to bother to use the Orange account for email to Australia?

For example, I only use my Wanadoo/Orange account for email with other Wanadoo/Orange subscribers.  For everything else, I use my US accounts.

[quote user="tenniswitch"][quote user="trevour"]

No not exactly! we are using our OZ e mail account as  'default' on the Orange.fr ISP.

[/quote]

Not to be argumentative, but if you can use your OZ account when you're in France, why would you want to bother to use the Orange account for email to Australia?

For example, I only use my Wanadoo/Orange account for email with other Wanadoo/Orange subscribers.  For everything else, I use my US accounts.

[/quote]

Whatever account you use, bigpond will not accept the email. It is based on the ip address. I have tried using my optusnet account (another Australian ISP) and my emails still get bounced back. The email address is irrelevant, it's the isp from orange that is blocked.

[quote user="trevour"]

Users beware!

[/quote]

Why do people allow their ISPs to block e-mail ?

Can they guarantee that they never block legitimate e-mail ?

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"][quote user="tenniswitch"][quote user="trevour"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whatever account you use, bigpond will not accept the email. It is based on the ip address. I have tried using my optusnet account (another Australian ISP) and my emails still get bounced back. The email address is irrelevant, it's the isp from orange that is blocked.
[/quote]

That is strange to me because, while I have had problems with my US email providers blocking mail from other people's Wanadoo/Orange account, I have never had problems either: 1. receiving mail from other people's Orange accounts to my Wanadoo/Orange account when I am in the US; or 2. having my mail blocked when I send it from my US accounts when I'm in France.  And I access all my accounts through Outlook Express, whether I'm in France or the US.

The Australian ISPs must be a lot stricter about this than the US ISPs.

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]It's not the people who are allowing the isp to block. It is the isp themselves.
[/quote]

It's the people who aren't complaining to their ISPs that they are blocking e-mails or it's the people who choose ISPs who block e-mails.

Like others I'm not sure how an ISP can block e-mails that don't pass through their own POP server.

Sorry Leo.

I originally posted in the 'Technical Support' section of the Forum. A friend advised this section was for support of the Forum and the post should appear in the TV, Internet, Telephone etc. section. I re-posted and tried to delete the original posting,but was not allowed as someone had already replied.

Sorry