I often have trouble with hotmail if I'm sending to a non-hotmail address.  Did you have storms during the week?  If so, there may be a breakdown in the line somewhere and might be worth calling France Telecom to check it.  Since the horrendous storm we had last Wednesday, our answering machine keeps talking to itself ?????!!!!!

Hi there,  we have been having the same trouble since yesterday afternoon[:(]   We thought that we were just unlucky and all our friends were on the phone together.  Have just tried again with the same result.  We can call mobiles but not landlines.  We too are on Teleconnect!  Must be a major fault.  Can anyone remember the code to use to be able to use France Telecom lines???

Yes, we're the same.  We only use their telephone lines.   I'm sure I've read somewhere here on the Forum that its possible to use a code...........like #2  (only its not that 'cos I've tried it) and it gets you back onto the France Telecom network instead of the other provider??   Just can't find that particular thread now that I really need it!!![:@]

Just phoned Teleconnect and they are inundated with calls............as you might expect.  They weren't able to tell me when they were expecting to fix the problem...........hoping some time today  [:)]  However, I managed to extract from them the number to use which will over ride the Teleconnect line............Dial 1630 then the number to the UK.  I've tried it and it works.[:D]

I'm wondering whether these Teleconnect people use similar system to a company called Kertel. We call the UK via a top up card system from the French Post Office. It's very cheap - seems to last forever - but over the weekend I've been experiencing exactly the same response - busy tone to UK landlines - ok to mobiles.

This morning, however, it seems to have burst back in to life. I wonder if Teleconnect are back as well?

Tim

We are with Teleconnect but do use VOIP and I can't say that the OH who, unlike me is in France at the mo, has reported any problems.

There may have been a specific problem however AFAIK providers like Teleconnect, or rather their parent company Budget Telecom, buy up excess capacity on the networks at very cheap prices which is how they can offer the rates they do but the downside is that they probably are pretty low down the pecking order when it comes to network congestion resulting in occasional temporary difficulties.   

With the phone plugged into the Router we can dial ## to go direct through FT BTW.