Nintendo Wii

My friend has just bought a Nintendo Wii from Amazon France as she cannot get one anywhere over in the UK.  It is being delivered to my address in France.  She has just phoned to ask if the power supply in England will make any difference to its ability to work properly. I have told her that it will not - but am I right???

Suey

This comes up so often it should be a sticky.

The whole of Europe is on euro-volts

Nintendo only make ONE version for the whole of Europe with multi-lingual user guide and language options.  Far easier to do that than make lots of slightly different versions.  Even the mains plug comes with a built in adaptor that you can swop out the euro pins for UK 3-pin.  And yes, the wi-fi bit of it will work with any wi-fi router be it in the UK or furthest flung state.  Getting the Wii hooked up to the net increases the fun tremendously.

[quote user="pcwhizz"][quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Getting the Wii hooked up to the net increases the fun tremendously.

[/quote]

is that why the lawn won ?? [:D]

Well it didn't help any [:D]

Wii s are in short supply according to the BBC News website, so if you're planning to buy one for Noel, get in now.
[/quote]

Well they have a huge pile of them in Auchan (Lux) and I just bought one as requested by my next-door neighbour in the UK for 239 euros including gift wrap for the sportspack edition.

A quick count and I reckon there were over 10 000 euros worth of Wiis on display

For some strange reason they are in very short supply in the UK. People have been selling them on Ebay for well over £300 even though the RRP is £179-99.

There is one internet retailer that has somehow managed to get supplies of them and has sold them very quickly for £296.

Get your trailer loaded up Ernie and be prepared for the rush of people desperate to buy them.

Amazon hasn't actually got any they're market place dealers and the price varies from £344-368  new and £378 for a secondhand one!  RRP is apparently £179.99.  Even hyperu had plenty at 349€ this morning. 

Sell 24 and the  profit on each would yield enough to pay a minimum cotisation for health care for a year !? [;-)]

[quote user="sueyh"]

My friend has just bought a Nintendo Wii from Amazon France as she cannot get one anywhere over in the UK.  It is being delivered to my address in France.  She has just phoned to ask if the power supply in England will make any difference to its ability to work properly. I have told her that it will not - but am I right???

Suey

[/quote]

Just seen this and thought it may be useful for your friend

http://www.komplett.fr/k/ki.aspx?sku=107052

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

...Even the mains plug comes with a built in adaptor that you can swop out the euro pins for UK 3-pin.  [/quote]

Just for information. the Wii just bought from Super-U comes with a moulded-on 2 pin mains plug and no sign of any UK adaptor in the box. 

It needs a UK plug or a travel adaptor to work in the UK.

Unfortunately this type of mains cable will not be any use 

www.komplett.fr/k/ki.aspx?sku=107052

Hi,

I have seen one in our local HyperU toy magazine for 249,13€, did you mean to put 249€?  I want to buy one but I am not sure if the Wii package over here contains the same as you get in England.  This is advertised as a console de jeu sports inclus with one remote control.  My daughter tells me you could buy them for £200 in England but is this the same game.  I am not really familiar with these things and don't want to make a mistake as it's for a present. Would be grateful for your advise.  Thanks

Yes it's EXACTLY the same, multi language, manuals, screens, everything.  Worth buying and extra controller though.

And I checked the power supply on the ones I bought.  The mains plug has a slide out thingy which you can swop the 2 pins for UK 3 pins, I can't take a picture of it  as I've lent my camera to a friend.

• 9 months later...
[quote user="sueyh"]

My friend has just bought a Nintendo Wii from Amazon France as she cannot get one anywhere over in the UK.

Suey

[/quote]

Hi sueyh,

I don't know why your friend can't buy one in the UK, I have checked the stores and there are plenty around from approx £180 to £185 at a  large supermarket chain and also Electrical store (no names)

[quote user="tel"][quote user="sueyh"]  My friend has just bought a Nintendo Wii from Amazon France as she cannot get one anywhere over in the UK. Suey  [/quote]  Hi sueyh,  I don't know why your friend can't buy one in the UK, I have checked the stores and there are plenty around from approx £180 to £185 at a  large supermarket chain and also Electrical store (no names)  [/quote]

Check the dates on everything except the last three postings all 2007.