Serious problem with IE7 ...

[quote user="Maricopa"]Am now using Firefox.  Juries out for the time being, but haven't yet noticed any difference[:D]
[/quote]

After a week of using Firefox, putting up with a really annoying resize each time I refreshed the active threads page of this forum, and being unable to play videos that play perfectly well on IE, I am now back to IE.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="ErnieY"]Well I don't know what you were doing but in some 9 months or so with FF I have never had resizing problems with any pages, active threads here included, not have I encountered any videos which do not play perfectly ?

[/quote]

never had any issues with any version of firefox or IE - on windows XP home SP3

Danny

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Maybe a problem with ActiveX.

Always was a bit of a problem with the Fox.[:D]

At moment I am playing around with Sleipnir the very most popular Japanese Browser [8-|]

It really is much easier to use than some uvver browsers....what give widdgy posting windows/volets

[/quote]

well, if it is responsible for your funky fonts and colours I might give it a miss!

Danny

[quote user="ErnieY"]Well I don't know what you were doing but in some 9 months or so with FF I have never had resizing problems with any pages, active threads here included, not have I encountered any videos which do not play perfectly ?[/quote]

No problem with either for me... I have been using FF for several years now.

[quote user="Maricopa"]

[quote user="Maricopa"]Am now using Firefox.  Juries out for the time being, but haven't yet noticed any difference[:D]
[/quote]

After a week of using Firefox, putting up with a really annoying resize each time I refreshed the active threads page of this forum, and being unable to play videos that play perfectly well on IE, I am now back to IE.

[/quote]

Yes the days when Firefox could be touted as being so much better and/or much more secure than IE are long gone. IE just keeps getting better, and as Microsoft demonstrated this week, if there's a major security issue it will fixed PDQ. So if you're happy with IE7, stick with it...why have two browsers on your PC when the standard one does the job.