Which anti-virus?

[quote user="Ecossais"]

15 Security Suites are reviewed in the March 2009 issue of PC Pro (UK) magazine.

Their “A List” product is Avira Premium Security Suite at £40 for 3 PCs and is summarised as “A simple, efficient and affordable package that delivers good protection across the board”.

BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 at £45 for 1 PC is granted “Recommended” status.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 at £50 for 3 PCs which was their previous “A List” product is described as a “strong contender”…..

[/quote]

Will admit that I run Kaspersky and I do not feel totally 100% confidence in it. Does not autoupdate and I cannot find a setting for this. Plus, not very informative about certain things so as to aid decision making.

Paul

Kaspersky is excellent.

I got mine about 6 months ago, £26 for 3 machines. Look around online for deals. Paid with a credit card and 15 minutes later it was up and running.

No problems with it updating, it does it about three times a day on my machine if left on.

It will check incoming AND outgoing emails automatically and generally checks files I download.

Together with Zone Alarm (free) so far Ive never had a problem and looking in the log files it seems to have been quite busy.

I agree about Norton, totally messed a couple of my machines up.

Over the years, I have tried loads of anti virus providers,both  free & paid for. I always had virus problems, slow running, crashes, you name it. Two years ago, I got a local guy to build me a new system, & he installed ESET security. I think it cost around 46 euros for a year, I upgraded it last time & it was 65 euros, & the best I ever spent.

I have not had one problem for the past two years, I run the virus checker once a month, but there are never any problems found & I would never change this security software now.

It has saved me a fortune in pc repairs!

[quote user="Philouis"]Avast is the best anti-virus that I ever had, and I have tried quite a few![/quote]

Interested to know your definition of 'best' and how you arrive at your conclusion.

What method did you use to evaluate it against other products I wonder and which products did you test against ?

Absolutely nothing against Avast BTW, just curious to know what's prompted such a glowing recommendation [;-)]