no channel 5?????

Possibly this: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1635062/ShowPost.aspx

You can add Five manually:

• With your digibox turned on, press the "Services" button (near the top of the remote).
  • Select number 4 (System Setup), and then 4 again ("Add Channels").
  • In the appropriate fields enter the following (you move through the fields using the up and down arrow keys).
  • In the Frequency field enter: 10.773,
  • The next three fields are toggle fields, i.e. using the left and right arrows will change the value.
  • Toggle Polarisation to : H
  • Toggle Symbol Rate to: 22000
  • Toggle FEC to : 5/6
  • Then select the last button - Find Channels.
  • Channel 5 will now be in the list of channels maybe called 6335
  • Use the Yellow button to place a tick beside each one you wish to store

and when you've finished ticking press "Select". The channel will

now be stored.

You can view it by pressing the "Services" button, then 6 ("Other

Channels"), use the arrow keys to move to the channel you want and

press "Select".

Strange it should disappear though. No chance you've been nobbled by Sky finding out you're in France is there [Www]

You could try a forced update:-

• Power off (unplug)
  • Press and hold the Backup button whilst plugging it back in.
  • Continue to hold until all the front panel lights come on.
  • Release Backup
You will see a message on the screen telling you not to switch off etc. whilst the update completes which may take 10 minutes or so.

According to the Sky site:

"Who will receive a new Sky viewing card?

We'll be replacing all Pay TV providers' viewing cards.

If you do not subscribe to a Pay TV provider, but use a Sky viewing

card to access free-to-air channels, you won't automatically receive a

replacement card. However, over the next few months you'll receive a

message on your TV screen with instructions on how you can obtain a new

card."

Seems clear then that anybody using a FTA card will need a new one to continue receiving the same bouquet of channels. If you legitimately obtained your card in UK then presumably the address you gave will be the one they will use to contact you but as it was a 'one off' payment would anyone have bothered to inform them of a change of address ?

Let's see what the on screen message says when it eventually starts to pop up, a rather too convenient opportunity for them to steal another £20 from customers methinks [:'(]

[quote user="teapot"]I am thinking of saving my next £20 and putting it towards the other BBC, ITV free sat system that does not require a card and has more channels I believe.[/quote]

I assume you are referring to Freesat and you can get both BBC and ITV HD for free with more free HD to join. One other advantage is that some UK Panasonic TV's have the Freesat and HD tuners built in. I have found this a great advantage as there are no extra boxes and wires.

Baz

I have opened a hornets nest!!well aweek or two before losing the ch.5 I noticed while we used to get local east anlia region covering cambrige where we lived before that the bbc now gives us the se/london as our region--??

Can I change this or not??[8-)]

There is no logical reason for the region to change nor is it user changeable so it sounds to me like either your card or reader have given up the ghost as London region is the default in case of no card being inserted.

Can you briefly borrow someone else's card to prove which it is ?

• 2 months later...
[quote user="Clair"]Possibly this: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1635062/ShowPost.aspx

• With your digibox turned on, press the "Services" button (near the top of the remote).
  • In the appropriate fields enter the following (you move through the fields using the up and down arrow keys).
  • The next three fields are toggle fields, i.e. using the left and right arrows will change the value.

now be stored.

press "Select".

[/quote]

Has anyone had any success with adding C5 to their skybox as above?

Have tried it several times to no avail.

Not too concerned about it as I only watch the odd football match on 5, and I can easily stream that off the net for free anyway. But would be better to watch it on tv if I can.

[quote user="Richard"]Yeah I get through to completing the procedure but when I type 105 nothing is there.[/quote]

As it is an added channels, as opposed to a scanned one, it will not appear on 105.

As mentioned in the how-to, you should be able to view it by pressing the "Services" button, then 6 ("Other

press "Select".

[quote user="Clair"]Possibly this: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1635062/ShowPost.aspx

now be stored.

press "Select".

[/quote]

That is useful information Clair. May I ask where you got the numbers from? Presumably you can do the same for other channels if you had the information?

[quote user="Mik from LA"]That is useful information Clair. May I ask where you got the numbers from? Presumably you can do the same for other channels if you had the information?[/quote]

A very useful site for all satellite-related stuff is

www.lyngsat.com

Go to the either the "satellite" or "packages" link for Europe ... all the frequencies that you could ever wish for ... and a lot more that you could do without.

Regards

Pickles

Glad you're sorted Richard.  I had a feeling that you might have got almost all the way and then fallen at the view "other channels" fence,  hence the question,  which Clair sorted out while I was observing the chaos back in Britain with today's national Freeview retune (which before anyone asks has NOTHING to do with satellite and therefore impingeth nought in Europe).

Just waiting from a wail via the phone from the MIL to say she's lost ITV 3 ITV 4 and ch 5......

[quote user="Mik from LA"][quote user="Clair"]Possibly this: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1635062/ShowPost.aspx

now be stored.

press "Select".

[/quote]

That is useful information Clair. May I ask where you got the numbers from? Presumably you can do the same for other channels if you had the information?

[/quote]

Clair is god of the search. She is google made manifest in human form.

[quote user="Martin963"]Glad you're sorted Richard.  I had a feeling that you might have got almost all the way and then fallen at the view "other channels" fence,  hence the question,  which Clair sorted out while I was observing the chaos back in Britain with today's national Freeview retune (which before anyone asks has NOTHING to do with satellite and therefore impingeth nought in Europe).

Just waiting from a wail via the phone from the MIL to say she's lost ITV 3 ITV 4 and ch 5......

[/quote]

It's the same old story. Woman provides answers in simple to view instruction format. Man skims said insrtructions, makes his own assumptions, and consequently, gets confused when it doesn't work.