Teleconnect - problems galore

I received this E/Mail  today and I'm sure that lots of others have. Interesting.

Of course, Teleconnect free technical assistance continues to be available for all the Internet access, modem & ADSL problems you might have from time to time.

We at XXXXXXXPC Support are offering a personal service to all Teleconnect Clients.

They obviously haven't tried to get through to the "help line"

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too had this email arrive this afternoon and yet I am no longer a Teleconnect customer and haven't been for about 6 months. What really annoys me is that Teleconnect have either given or sold my details to another company unless anyone knows otherwise?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Quillan,

Thanks for the advice.  I'm hoping I've now finally seen the back of Teleconnect. Just waiting for them to cash their final demand (for €2.50!)  then good riddance.  I suppose what makes them attractive as a company is it suits our laziness for learning another language, but there is a serious downside to this 'benefit' - a lack of service, a lack of care, a general lack of resources.  Is this really what we want in a telecommunications company? 

[quote user="Le Presbytere"]

Hi Quillan,

Thanks for the advice.  I'm hoping I've now finally seen the back of Teleconnect. Just waiting for them to cash their final demand (for €2.50!)  then good riddance.  I suppose what makes them attractive as a company is it suits our laziness for learning another language, but there is a serious downside to this 'benefit' - a lack of service, a lack of care, a general lack of resources. 

Are you saying you didn't owe them the 2.50€ ?

Speak for yourself!

[/quote]

It's great that you got your problem sorted - whatever it was! Perhaps it would have been better to send Quillan a PM seeing as you have not posted on this thread before and nobody has a clue what you are talking about.

If you wanted to practice your language skill you just had to press the appropriate button when you ring Teleconnect help line, they ask whether you want to speak in French or English. I assume that if you have now gone to Orange you will not be using their English helpline?

"....a lack of service, a lack of care, a general lack of resources". You have to be kidding, Teleconnect is part of Budget Telecom that has been going for years. Before having our line with Teleconnect we were with Budget Telecom for six years.

I only hope that if you have problems in future with your new provider you have more luck with French technical helplines than many on this forum have had.

[quote user="Jay"][quote user="Le Presbytere"]

Hi Quillan,

Thanks for the advice.  I'm hoping I've now finally seen the back of Teleconnect. Just waiting for them to cash their final demand (for €2.50!)  then good riddance.  I suppose what makes them attractive as a company is it suits our laziness for learning another language, but there is a serious downside to this 'benefit' - a lack of service, a lack of care, a general lack of resources. 

Are you saying you didn't owe them the 2.50€ ?

Speak for yourself!

[/quote]
It's great that you got your problem sorted - whatever it was! Perhaps it would have been better to send Quillan a PM seeing as you have not posted on this thread before and nobody has a clue what you are talking about.

If you wanted to practice your language skill you just had to press the appropriate button when you ring Teleconnect help line, they ask whether you want to speak in French or English. I assume that if you have now gone to Orange you will not be using their English helpline?

"....a lack of service, a lack of care, a general lack of resources". You have to be kidding, Teleconnect is part of Budget Telecom that has been going for years. Before having our line with Teleconnect we were with Budget Telecom for six years.

I only hope that if you have problems in future with your new provider you have more luck with French technical helplines than many on this forum have had.

[/quote]

I think he/she was referring to the bit I wrote for Hammy about how to cancel a contract.

As to his comment about lack of service you just need to go back through this section to see the list of problems people have had and how they were treated.

All these companies have their problems one way or another (nothing is perfect) but some less than others and some a lot more than others. If you were to read all the negative posts on the forum about problems with Teleconnect I would think they fall in the latter. I fairness I changed for a better deal and only had a problem when I cancelled my accounts but then I did not have Internet, just landline and mobile. I have been with Wanadoo, which became Orange for 9 years and apart from a dodgy line which was repaired very quickly I have never had a problem so I can't comment on their support services.

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="Jay"][quote user="Le Presbytere"][/quote][/quote]

I think he/she was referring to the bit I wrote for Hammy about how to cancel a contract.

As to his comment about lack of service you just need to go back through this section to see the list of problems people have had and how they were treated.

All these companies have their problems one way or another (nothing is perfect) but some less than others and some a lot more than others. If you were to read all the negative posts on the forum about problems with Teleconnect I would think they fall in the latter. I fairness I changed for a better deal and only had a problem when I cancelled my accounts but then I did not have Internet, just landline and mobile. I have been with Wanadoo, which became Orange for 9 years and apart from a dodgy line which was repaired very quickly I have never had a problem so I can't comment on their support services.[/quote]

Well said, Quillan.  I had hoped that Teleconnect would try to improve, once they realised that they had many unsatisfied customers.  Reading the most recent entries, I think not.  I gather from other Forum users, Teleconnect staff have been reading threads like these.

Here we go [:'(]

Sent all Telespit's kit back to them last week but they phoned today to claim that I still had another router - which I don't.

It'll be the first one which blew up on me way back in Dec 2007 they're on about and back then I persuaded them to send me the replacement straight away instead of following their usual procedure of sending it back for testing before issuing a replacement but I posted it back to them immediately and 'er indoors is searching out the La Poste recommande receipt to prove it.