How to receive FREE almost all UK Channels

Hello everyone, don't get fooled. To receive BBC 1,2,3,4, Channel 4, film 4, more 4, E4, Channel Five, plus loads of other good English channels just buy

a digital satellite box (from 30 Pds) a satellite dish min. 60cms wide with the arm that can accept  2 or, better,  3 LNB's to be pointed to Astra 1, Astra 2 and Hotbird.

You will be able also to receive all main Italian Channels, so you can dream you are in Italy !!! LOL !! Have fun.

On the Distaff side :

By the time you are as far south as Bordeaux you need a well aligned 80 cms dish to avoid drop outs during periods of heavy rain.  A 60 cm dish with a significant percentage of its face obscured by 3 LNBs and the brackets will probably not cut it. The only time I would choose to use three LNBs and one dish was if there was a legal or physical restraint on mounting a second dish. I am pretty sure that any members of the forum whose maths is good enough to align an offset LNB knew it was possible and have chosen not to do so.

I have yet to see a 7 day EPG on any receiver other than Sky or Freesat for UK TV. They may exist but I have not seen one. The cheap digital receiver which I discarded in favour a second hand skybox, an Optex 9510 Digital Satellite Receiver, would only ever list now and next and did not have series link or autoview that a Skybox provides. There is a good amount of work setting up an off the shelf digital receiver. This is not a one off process. Between Sky and Freesat there have been fairly regular reshuffles. The appearence of ITV1 HD and the close of Men and Motors being the last one I am aware of. Other interesting bits and pieces include CBBC and Cbees changing into BBC3 and BBC4 at 7 each evening UK time.

Short comment - you either knew all about it and had the technical knowledge to set it up before the post or you need to invest a lot of time and some money learning enough to properly evaluate it.

[quote user="Chancer"]The person who believes that there are loads of good English channels perhaps?[/quote]

Or the one believing there are loads of good Italian channels...............jeez I lived in Italy for 2 years their TV is total dross.  Although the show where the guy stripped the girl to her underwear using a massive digger was pretty cool...........[:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZuvGFZwVPU

• 6 months later...