A buzzing monitor

Yesterday morning after turning on my computer I began to hear my monitor making what can only be described as, a buzzing sound, if I turned it off and back on again the noise was still there.

Then this morning, when I switched both computer and the monitor on it was completely normal but a few minutes later the buzzing started and a few seconds after the screen went completely white and I could do nothing but turn off the computer and restart it again, it did then start as normal and so far no problems apart from the continual buzzing noise.

I am thinking that maybe the monitor is possibly on the way out, am I correct with my assumption?

If it's a CRT monitor it sounds as if the hi voltage power supply is failing. If so it's really not worth trying the repair.

For what they cost you could do a lot worse than one of these. Good name LG.

http://www.amazon.fr/LG-W1946S-BF-Moniteur-LCD-Noir/dp/B0036B9WKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313923554&sr=8-1

Delivered frre as well[:D]

Finally!

All is now quiet again, it certainly doen't get hot as it has plenty of space around it. It may well have stopped after I spend the morning anticipating a failure, I spent several hours searching for a new monitor,

Jay they are even cheaper at cdiscount!!

Lets' just hope that it's now going to behave.

[quote user="Mr Wiggy"]

Finally!

All is now quiet again, it certainly doen't get hot as it has plenty of space around it. It may well have stopped after I spend the morning anticipating a failure, I spent several hours searching for a new monitor,

Jay they are even cheaper at cdiscount!!

Lets' just hope that it's now going to behave.

[/quote]

I'd leave the CDiscount page up there as a screen saver, just to show it you mean business!

p

Or bite the bullet and order one now! 'cause if your monitor gives up you won't be able to see the site cause your monitor's not working [:D][:D]

Tip!  if you order from Cdiscount and you have a siret no you can get a bit more discount!! look for cdiscount pro (on some things)

I agree that it's better to get a new one before the old one goes phut..

If you do then go for a good brand. The heart of an LCD screen is the back light. They are expensive if they  are any good. The cheepies will look good when you first get them, but they will fail far sooner because they use cheepie back lights.

Basically, you get what you pay for.

Possibly a good place to start?  http://computers.toptenreviews.com/monitors/

I bought a cheep one, about 80 Euros including delivery from some chap on Ebay France. I have had it for three years now, perhaps nearer four, and it's still going strong. At that price I don't really care if it goes bang. I mean 20 to 25 Euros per year, can't complain at that.

I Turned monitor off just before lunch time,  I turned it back 10 minutes ago, only to find a white screen that was again buzzing, gradually the colour returned after several minutes but the buzzing has remained, so. I have ordered a new monitor from cdiscount that should arrive in 3-4 days.

This monitor wasn't exactly a cheapo, it cost 140€ and it has lasted for 6 years so I reckon that I have had my monies worth, to use the old addage, you get what you pay for so didn't do too badly considering it is some times on for the whole morning. I just hope that this monitor will last for a few more days, until the new one arrives.