• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ARCEP replies to the ANFR; oh also a little facet of the way the UMP-Etat have auspiciously aided Xavier Niel.

Eric Besson has always been anti Free....no let me express that better....against a FOURTH mobile phone operarator....the fact that Free and Fourth is purely coincidental.[:D]

http://www.pcinpact.com/news/69484-free-mobile-couverture-anfr-arcep.htm

I know that this isn't strictly on-topic...but it is about Free helpline.

I was suffering from a low speed (around 3 mb) and I called the helpline.

Not only did the chap understand he was .....sympathetic    [:-))]

They tried the line etc and in the end sent someone round...

Now...

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1839149824.png[/IMG][/URL]

• 2 weeks later...

Free Mobile announce in their mobile subscriber area that the early evening saturation problem causing outages will be resolved within a fortnight.

15 days for linguafrancophilics.

Q the word is made up by me and not gleaned from a Thesaurus, nevertheless I assign all intellectual rights to you & yours.[:-))]

http://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/20120327.CHA4707/free-mobile-se-donne-15-jours-pour-regler-certains-problemes.html

Enjoy the sunshine linguafrancophilics!

[quote user="NormanH"]I know that this isn't strictly on-topic...but it is about Free helpline.
I was suffering from a low speed (around 3 mb) and I called the helpline.
Not only did the chap understand he was .....sympathetic    [:-))]
[/quote]

I have had cause to call them a few times recently due to my line being restricetd for a 4ct debt and the card payment system not allowing payments this small, OK it should not have happened but lets put it into perspective, its a FREE abonnement, sans engagement giving me one hour of  free calls and I think 100 textos, also this is the first time in 5 years as a subscriber that I have had cause to contact them.

People often are wary of Free, justifiably  after their treatment at the hands of the other operators and want to know what the customer service is like, to date I have not been able to reply as when a company does its job competently you dont have need of customer service however now i can report back and very favorably.

I agree with Norman, they are very sympathetic and also tres sympa , they dont push you from pillar to post and they take responsibility or ownership if you like of your problem, they say things like "I am putting you on hold to speak to a colleague, dont hang up I will be back very soon, and they are usually with a solution.  They are also very good listeners which to someone speaking far from perfect French is very very important, even amongst friends its rare to find someone with  the patience and skill to actually listen, try to understand and not keep interrupting, trying to finish your sentence or just plain ignoring what you have to say.

I have to say that from my recent experiences the customer service at Freemobile is amongst the best that I have ever encountered and I am talking from a UK perspective now not a French one, lets hope that it rubs off amongst their competitors and other companies start to ask themselves how can we emulate the success of that company.

Finally they hand of with a " sur le part de tout l'equipe de Free nous vous remercions pour votre appel et votre fidélité" and they actually sound like they mean it and enjoy doing their job.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of females fired by Free Mobile denounced Free on Europe1 last week. The topic is considered in a Le Monde Blog.

It would appear to me that Free require employees to speak & write french correctly; so if you have a Bac+10 in informatics your tenure may be short lived at Free Mobile on the 1350 helpline.

The interesting thing are the replies of which many are critical of the initial reply in stilted french; in all an interesting "cameo" of french attitudes to grammar and spelling.

http://bigbrowser.blog.lemonde.fr/2012/04/08/management-chez-free-les-licenciements-se-font-en-public/

I found the initial reply very difficult to understand, I am glad the guy didnt get a job on the helpline, imagine recieving support via web chat written in that way!

As for Free hiring and firing, well judging by the competence of their employees that I have encountered so far versus the competence not to mention the unwilling attitude of the vast majority of the French labour force I reckon that even with their strict recruitment criteria they must only keep about one in ten that they hire.

As for asking for their dismissal to be done in a private office, even the PDG does not have an office.

As mentioned a little above I had a very good impression of the Free helpline, though it wasn't for the Mobile service.

While I dislike the inability to use one's native language without too much ambiguity or basic faults, I find that French attitudes are even more intolerant perhaps because the language is on the defensive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have to say that I not totally happy with the reception of messages, which is often rather aleatory.

Some have never arrived even though the senders have since showed me their phones clearly showing them as sent.

looks like I have just received my first ever voice message but when I pressed the retrieve button it dialled a number resembling a chinese sick note and it was not connected. There is a symbol showing on the phone but I am blowed if I know what to do about it, its not as if I have a new or complicated phone either!

What number do you have to dial to retrieve your messages with Free and to swich on/off the messagerie, record a message etc? I am surprised that the SIM carte came without any numbers on it apart from one to report child abuse [:-))], not even customer services, I dont even know how to check my balance [8-)]

Do you know any of the numbers to access these services?

You should have kept the piece of paper your SIM card came stuck to, Chancer.

It's 666, but apparently 123 works too....  it also shows your PUK number should you get locked out ! Also Free sent you an email with your Identifiant and mot de passe for https://mobile.free.fr/moncompte/

where you can see your account.

I'm still wondering if my phone will pick up a network when we're in England for a week in July, but I can't find any news yet (2€ job).

Maybe Norman will get in first, so I'll post this...

@+

Andrew 44

As Andrew says you had an email with a weird password and a series of numbers.

I have saved these in a text document so I can do copy/paste for the password.

Strangely enough you can enter this on the site, but the numbers you have to put in on a sort of touch pad on the screen.

If you do all this you have access to your account details.

To get a voice message you just make a call to 666

Thanks to you both, yes I do use the site but there must surely be a way to find out your credit balance from the phone, I just have a plain phone, no bells or whistles so cant connect to the internet with it.

With my UK Asda simcard if i ring the customer service number, top up number or whatever the first part of the announcement confirms my calling credit, NRJ and Lebara France both worked in the same way, I am sure there must be a number its just Free havnt given it out.

I am an eternal optimist [;-)]

And to be fair, Free dont behave at all like any other French company, except for perhaps in this instance [:(]

That said they have made lots of changes to resolve other teething problems very quickly.

My car is insured with a French on line insurer (Assuravenue) typical web set up, everything done on line for simplicity, for over a year their website has not been working except for new quotes and it is impossible to contact them via your rubric, no mention of it at all, i had to find out from other disgruntled customers via Google, a few days, maybe a week perhaps but when its over a year for something which is the cornerstone of their business you dont have much faith in them.

The last shower went bust leaving me uninsured, they didnt even advise me  of the annulation of the policyby lettre recomandée which is the law, or even snail mail it was by E-mail, I could quite legitamately have carried on driving, others who may have changed E-mail accounts probably did.

Hiya peeps, I am registered with Free fr and tried to get this Sim card on offer. Can you tell me if I have clicked correctly as it is asking for E10 for the sim card and delivery. I understand that there are other companies following this offer and it may actually be cheaper to get Virgin offer now at E5, considering this fee, for those not registered with Free..

It costs you nothing if you choose to keep your own number, no carte sim for them to send out.

The call charges if you go over your forfait with Free are much cheaper than the others at 4cts per minute plus you dont pay to consult your messagerie, finally there is no engagement, check to see if the other operators have aligned on these things as before they were miles apart.