Urgent! nouvel ordi mais......

Hi everybody and calling especially for people who have an AZERTY keyboard!

Well, it's here, my new puter.  Slick and looking just the job but, alas, I have fallen at the first fence.

Just switched on, all as you would expect BUT eerily silent compared to my old faithful which sometimes sounds like a helicopter landing when the fan is going full whack in the hot weather.

So...I'm trying to register the puter with Dell and get email upgrades.  Only thing is, I don't know which key to press for @

I have a key with 0 à and @.  Have tried combinations of shift and key, alt and key but no joy whatever.

The new ordi is destined to sit on my desk unused unless someone is kind enough to come up quick with the goods [:-))][I][8-)][;-)] etc!!!

Thank you [kiss] 

Alt gr is like a down shift key which accesses the lower characters on each key where they exist.

cant recall what it was on a QWERTY keyboard.

I have never found how to page up or page down on my azerty, maybe because its a portable and hence not got the full alphanumeric keyboard.

[quote user="Chancer"]I have never found how to page up or page down on my azerty, maybe because its a portable and hence not got the full alphanumeric keyboard.[/quote]

Chancer I think it depends on the make of your laptop as my page up and down keys are on the far RHS of my keyboard, beyond the ENTER key. But then mine is a (very old) Toshiba AZERTY.

Sue

[quote user="Chancer"]Alt gr is like a down shift key which accesses the lower characters on each key where they exist.[/quote]

[I]

ctrl and alt pressed at the same time (in a left-handed two-finger action [Www]) will also give access to the lower characters on your AZERTY keyboard...

Aw, fancy that!  Actually, I thought the latest sign for the 2-fingered one is just the middle finger held up?[:-))]

And now ericd has told me that to hold up the thumb and say "pouce" for STOP is only used by 6 year-olds, I am running out of suitable signs using les doigts!

Hm....I've switched back to AZERTY because it confused the hell out of me typing W and it comes out Z!

Now my problem is I cannot use my own email account without signing on for a Microsoft Account.  Tried all ways and they even send me a code by SMS and, guess what, the bloody code is not recognised?

I spent about an hour getting the new puter connected.  Eventually, had a lovely technician from SFR talk me through everything and even she had to try about half a dozen options to re-boot (or whatever it's called) the neuf box.

Then, of course, it's Windows 8 so it was another 10 minutes or so to find out how to switch it off [:-))]

I tell you, I'd find it quicker to get to grips with a new husband than the new puter [Www]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

I tell you, I'd find it quicker to get to grips with a new husband than the new puter [Www]

[/quote]

O qon't drink trats e weri rice tring to day NE24 aboun dour buther larf! Pe's rehind fou ill tho hay.

Rest ob guck bith youb troblema.

Hardiak 

Doux, there's nothing wrong with a PC that can't be sorted with a 14 lbs watchmakers knockometer.

As for azerty claviers. I frequently help French nieghbours with both their M/saft and Mac jobbies and it really is good fun switching between the proper qwerty and the az ones. I have one upstairs at the mo which is going up for sale as the lady was made a widow last Christmas. I have to wipe it and reinstall Wondoze7. should be GREET fun [:-))] When I di go helping I always take my qwerty MacBook so I at least have a fighting chance [8-)]

And, best of all, I can switch between the two on the one computer.

NOT, I might add that I am able to use the new machine with any great success.  But my mate has just returned from the UK and, when he's had a sleep after his drive down from Calais last night, I shall be giving him a ring to come and knock some sense into the computer, or my head, whichever is less hard.