sat dish movement

Can I put in a vote for a Humax box

I got one fairly recently and it knocks spots off my previous no-name box.

Apart from the stunning quality of output, especially on HD, it is easy to setup and the menus are well arranged.  I like the remote too, not over cluttered and the main controls are the most prominant.  All in all, a good buy for me at £112 on special on Amazon

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Can I put in a vote for a Humax box

I got one fairly recently and it knocks spots off my previous no-name box.

Apart from the stunning quality of output, especially on HD, it is easy to setup and the menus are well arranged.  I like the remote too, not over cluttered and the main controls are the most prominant.  All in all, a good buy for me at £112 on special on Amazon

[/quote]

Will they send to France?

I don't know if they send to France to be honest.  I picked one up when I was visiting the UK.

The price of £112 was in July so I don't know what it is now, BTW, my box does not have PVR as I really don't need that.

I can put an ethernet cable in the back which allows me to use some of the 'On Demand' channels, ITV OD works but BBC OD does not. I'm going to try using a Raspberry Pi (or should that be a Framboise Pee ?) as a local client running through my proxy server in the UK and see if that works (it would mean I could use Netflix too [:D]  )

• 3 months later...
I'm also looking to buy a Humax box through Amazon and get it delivered to France, but what happens if I'm not at home when the delivery arrives? Being a new French home owner, I don't know how the French postal/courier system works...

[quote user="elamessa"]Yes Amazon do post to France. I bought a Humax box from them a couple of years ago and a Friend bought one only two weeks ago. Quick delivery as well.[/quote]

Well that’s very strange because I tried to order one last week (Humax 1000S/520gb) and got all the way to the checkout and got a message that I could not have it being in the wrong country! Don’t get me wrong, I am not accusing anyone of telling fibs, I can only speak from my personal experience.

Since then a friend is visiting the UK and has ordered one from Currys and it is £20 cheaper. I should have it by the 11th March.

Have to say with all the dish problems the one thing I noticed is that they get the signal in much better than both the ordinary Sky box and the Sky+ box that somebody leant me.

Don't forget to plug it into the router, you get access to ITV Player and you don't need a VPN etc, works straight off although BBC IPlayer does not, wrong country.

[quote user="Quillan"]

Have to say with all the dish problems the one thing I noticed is that they get the signal in much better than both the ordinary Sky box and the Sky+ box that somebody leant me.

[/quote]

Don't forget many of the Sky boxes were made by Alan Sugars company nuff said.

[quote user="Adrian"]I'm also looking to buy a Humax box through Amazon and get it delivered to France, but what happens if I'm not at home when the delivery arrives? Being a new French home owner, I don't know how the French postal/courier system works...

[/quote]

They'll leave a little form in your letterbox, which tells you that you can collect the parcel from the post office - usually the following day.

You'll need to take the form & some id.