anyone kas problems ending emails today?

Sent several emails that require replies,  No breplies other than mail messages to say that my emails couldn't be send for whatever reasons.  Now I have a fair few irons in the fire and none of it is readily put aside and dealt with later.

I'm with SFR,  anyone else have a problem? 

[quote user="sweet 17"]I'm with SFR,  anyone else have a problem? [/quote]

We are with SFR and have had no problems at all today and I have needed to send a lot of emails.

Though we did lose all internet for about 1 hour a couple of weeks ago, no warning, the connection simply died and just as quietly resumed 1 hour later.

Sue

Have had two problems with my SFR accounts recently. One was allegedly "highjacked" and I had to use the chat line to get it sorted. The second account last week would not forward emails to my Gmail account until I changed the password. Both done via my client account on their site.

not last night but today the internet suddenly died on us! I saw the Livebox light change from green to flashing amber. However, we did have a telephone line from our fixed line. So obviously it's (a) livebox or (b) network error. Restarted Livebox, still the same. Rang FT/Orange and asked "is the network down in our area?". "Ah" said madam technician, "have you changed your computer settings?". I explained I hadn't, that I'd changed nothing, that I'd restarted both the computer and livebox and still no internet signal. So perhaps it was a regional network outstage? She ignored that, and took me through restarting my computer, restarting the Livebox, entering my password, re-entering all my parameters, restarting the Livebox again and finally, after 25 minutes, she consulted a screen and told me ....... that the network was down in my area.

Groan. (About 2 hours later it came back on again).

Good gracious!

What a bummer!  I have sent umpteen emails but it's just so strange not to have had any replies!

They aren't people I could telephone either.

I really thought it was my old computer, still running on Xpress and the new one is now out of any protection so I have hesitated to use it.

Now I don't quite know what to do.  Probably will have to go use somebody else's until the technicien can come to us to sort things out.

Thanks for all your replies, guys, much appreciated. 

Right, folk, I MAY have found a reason why our  internet was not working.

I've just received an email from SFR entitled "votre application SFR mail evolue".  It seems that they are rolling out a new version of email for ipads, smartphones, androids, etc.

So I guess that perhaps in the course of the 2 days or so that it's taken them to get the new version out, we were all deprived of access.

[quote user="nectarine"]not last night but today the internet suddenly died on us![/quote]

The network I am on went down in the early hours of today and was back up by about 11am, It would be interesting to know the reasons behind the outages.

I do not believe for a minute SW17 that your emails would not work because they are "evolving" the system, that is totally unacceptable.

By the way would it not be best to amend the errors in the title for this  thread?

[quote user="sweet 17"]So I guess that perhaps in the course of the 2 days or so that it's taken them to get the new version out, we were all deprived of access.[/quote]

As I am with SFR I acquired an SFR email address, which I never use as I have always used 3rd party email, not wanting to be dependent on the ISP I pay my money to for email.

So, in order to test the SFR system I have just logged into SFR email and sent my other email address a mail, which arrived faster then the blink of an eye.

Consequently IMO Sweet you might have a problem somewhere in your set up, as not everything seems to be functioning as it should.

Sue