Humane Mouse Traps

Bugsy, the OH got one from, I think, a Weldom branch.  Ours is just a very lightweight round wire cage with a hole for the animals to get in and the hole is designed so that they can get in but not get out.

We've loaded it with all sorts of cheese and bacon (though not Cathedral City as you have specified elsewhere on the forum) but I think we have only ever caught one or two.

[quote user="Bugbear"]Thanks for that. I'm looking for something like this and could buy it from the UK but the postage is high.

Tip: You have to place the trap alongside a wall that you know they use. The chunky cat food is a good bait BTW.
[/quote]

Bugs, that's either the safe where you put your dosh now the banks are in danger of collapse or it's a microwave oven for mice.  Perhaps, if it only takes 30 seconds, they won't feel a thing?

[quote user="woolybanana"]If you are so nice to mice, why not rats? Surely, put down the little blue bags and have done with them. It is not a question of humanity but of disease and filth and the rest.[/quote]

Its not very sensible to put poison in your loft Wooly................they won't give you the convenience of dying outside and the smell from a dead mouse or rat buried in some place you can't get to  has to be experienced to be believed.

bang goes your holiday in our very old house in rural Switzerland then Frenchie! Very old houses in the country sometimes have little visitors. I'm lucky, being born and bred in the country, I am not afraid of little kritters! Can you go for aversion thereapy??? 

This thread reminds me of my friend who bought a humane mouse catcher. He caught several mice and took each of them off to the country and let them free. When he went on holiday is parents looked after the house, on his return his mother remarked that she thought the mouse catcher was cruel - "just leaving the poor things to starve like that". !!!!

So while they are all sitting around in the trap waiting to be released.......... they get around to doing what comes naturally.........[;-)]....

and Hey Presto!! loads of pregnant mice released into the wild[:-))]

Get the sonic things!! They work for me!!